Our room at the Stand House was very cosy, the bed was really comfortable (ensuring a good night’s sleep!) and the 32" flat screen in the Master Room was a bonus. Really good breakfast offering lots of variety and you couldn't fault the staff, who were warm and friendly. The house is very quaint and quirky with very low beams which is not very conducive to people over 5ft! My husband is 6ft 2in and he bashed his head a few times, as did I and I’m only 5ft 4in! Also, my husband could not use the shower as the height only just about accommodated myself and although we were offered another room for our second night, the room was so cosy that we couldn’t be bothered to change, but something to bear in mind if booking for more than 2 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Warm Welcome to a Luxury Bed and Breakfast RyeStrand House Guest House Rye is the home of Mary Sullivan and Hugh Davie, a luxury bed and breakfast near Rye. Strand House offers quiet, relaxed and calm surroundings for you to savour and enjoy. Its sense of history makes it a unique house to escape to. Your hosts Mary and Hugh provide a brand of hospitality that will make a short stay feel like a holiday and a holiday like home from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Strand House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strand House Hotel Winchelsea
- Strand House Winchelsea, East Sussex