“2 friends and a dog”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winchelsea
Winchelsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just got back from a week's stay in a pet friendly good clean van on this very nice small park. Rose in reception very helpful as we're all the staff. Short walk to the beach with long stretches of sand at low tide, perfect for walking the dog. Excellent Co-op shop 2 mins away for necessities, and a pub. Didn't use the car once during week as easy walk to Winchelsea village (the New Inn does excellent food) and beautiful walk to Rye too. In fact whole area is great, bus to Rye with connection to Camber etc or Hastings. Rose in the park gave us a bus timetable perfect for the over 60s with the bus pass! Good fish restaurant in Rye was Careys at reasonable price. Hastings has a small Spanish tapas restaurant in, I think, George Street. Had a great lunch there!

Would I go back to Park at Winchelsea Sands, most definitely, if you have good weather then it's perfect!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Judith R
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Winchelsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for your kind review regarding your stay, I will ensure that your kind comments regarding the team are passed onto them.

There are newer reviews for Winchelsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from a lovely stay at Winchelsea Sands caravan park....lovely clean spacious 'vans.Tasty hot food in the restaurant (could do with a later finish..2045hrs not late enough and 9am not early enough for breaky) friendly staff too.
Only a short walk to the beach...Winchelsea proper (beautiful church)...couple of pubs....yeeaahh. ..we will be back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Riothamus

Thank you for your review and I am so happy that you had such a great time here at Winchelsea. I will pass on your comments onto the kitchen team who always appreciate positive reviews.
We hope you return to see us soon

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The park and staff are very welcoming. The standard of accommodation is good value for money. The location is great for visiting attractions in East Sussex.

I would recommend this park for anyone of any age - in fact, I have extended my stay on several occasions. Made some new friends - what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Just ask a the park staff about any requirements - they are very helpful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tuulia S
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Winchelsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your positive review. It means a great deal to all the team to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Winchelsea, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Many thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I usually find the caravan experience a bit of a let down. However nice the van is, it is usually cramped and without the creature comforts of a cottage.
Not this time. I have been going to the south coast for several years and have found Winchelsea sands the cleanest, best run and overall loveliest park that I have stayed in. thoroughly recommend for the family or couples.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexandra M

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Winchelsea sands was very relaxing and laid back so perfect for our family. Club house was nice and pool was heated so that was a hit with my girls. The staff were great especially THE LADIES IN RECEPTION were amazing and should get a pay rise. So helpful , kind and lovely. Good break

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your positive review. It means a great deal to all the team to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Winchelsea, I will pass on your kind words to Rose and Wendy, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Many thanks again for your feedback

Reviewed 7 July 2014

winchelsea sands is a lovely holiday park close to the beach and has that all important peace and quiet needed from a break away from the city. the staff are friendly and the service is excellent. my only grumble is the club house restaurant is just frozen food chucked in the deep fat fryer. Rose the receptionist is very helpful and a pleasure to talk to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have just returned from a week at this caravan site. We are seasoned travellers and have visited many caravan sites over the years - some with the dogs and some without. A late booking meant that there was a reduction and pets go free offer if made on that particular day. Cost approximately £180. Good price. I was advised prior to arrival that there were no pet friendly silver rated caravans with decking. Following a 5 hour drive and booking in I confirmed that we required a silver grade to be told that silver and bronze were really the same. I said perhaps the silver would be newer? Had I paid the usual amount I don't think I would have been too happy to be told that as my expectations would have expected more for my money but we didn't pay much. The caravan (179c) was conveniently sited next to the car park (tight on space with not much room to move when full). The obvious on entry was the dirty and stained carpet. The cooker was in parts still greasy and the mattress well worn. The rest was OK. We have had better and I would not rate it more than a bronze but I refer back to the comment on arrival.

I always believe on giving people a chance to put things right at the time and not moan on Tripadvisor later so went to the office next morning raising my concerns. Rose the receptionist took on board my concerns and said they would be put right. On return later that day the carpets had been cleaned (some stains remained but it was cleaner) the cooker wiped and a new mattress and the bed made up. You can't complain about that service. Well done Rose.

The swimming pool is clean and lovely and warm and is adults only between 9-10am. The is a lifeguard in attendance. There are toilets. I did not visit the bar/restaurant/entertainment.

Overall the site on entry appears quite good with flowers planted in containers. The grass in cut only in areas where the ride on mower can travel therefore near the caravans the grass is long with weeds. No planted areas with shrubs or flowers other than entrance. The bins are only messy where people have not taken care with rubbish disposal and the seagulls make a mess. Dog bins are available. Ducks waddle around and rabbits make appearances.

There is a shop next to the site and two pubs serving meals. The Smugglers Inn near Pett down the road has a garden and welcomes dogs. It's not fancy but the food is good and well priced.

I have been to various Park sites and there seems to be little consistency with the standards on grades on caravans which makes it difficult should one wish to book. It seems that even now if you have a pet friendly caravan it may be a lesser standard than one that is not pet friendly.

I can only give this grade due to the standard of the caravan and had it not been for the cleaning it would have been lower but it was value for money and pets go free saving £80.

Room Tip: Don't take a dog and choose grades higher than silver.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. If you’d like to discuss the issues you encountered further, please contact our office at winchelseaadmin@parkholidays.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Winchelsea
The Mermaid Inn
The Lodge at Winchelsea
The Lodge at Winchelsea
#1 of 1 in Winchelsea
Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven

Been to Winchelsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!