There is nothing quite like being welcomed back with open arms to a place you've enjoyed - and discovering that little touches have been applied to make your stay even more enjoyable. And so it was when I returned to the Lodge at Winchelsea, where new touches of colour in the rooms brightened them up, wall dispensers of fragrant, liquid hand soap replaced the small tablets of soap from before, and I'm reliably informed similar units are being placed in the shower areas for shampoo etc.
The food had improved too - especially the delicious Sunday carvery where the roast beef was more tender, the vegetables copious and as always - the service warm and friendly.
Am I biased? No. It's simply hard to fault good people who work hard to make you feel welcome, who try to provide anything you might find you need, who return stuff you leave in your room without complaint, and who go out of their way to make sure the tea, coffee, milk and biscuits are not only plentiful in your room, but also the ones you once mentioned in passing that you like. The rooms are - as others have said - spotless. The bathrooms equally so. Are the bathrooms huge and palatial - no. But are they meticulously clean, are the loos disinfected every day, do you feel cared for? Yes.
This time there was a difference for me. I had a family gathering near by and so I took seven rooms for that event - and all my siblings, neices, nephews and friends were very happy with the Lodge.
I'll be back - fairly soon as it happens. And it will again be like coming home to Winchelsea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Winchelsea offers its guests the perfect base to explore the beautiful 1066 countryside and historic sites. Situated between Rye and Hastings with ample free onsite parking. There are fantastic walks from our doorstep including the ‘1066 country walk’. 28 modern en-suite guest rooms, bar and restaurant, free wi-fi and free parking. Room price includes continental breakfast. The contemporary restaurant is open seven days a week serving a wide range of delicious dishes, including an excellent carvery every Sunday. Our menu changes to reflect the seasons and offers dishes for all tastes and budgets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your The Lodge at Winchelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Winchelsea Hotel Winchelsea
- Winchelsea Hotel East Sussex
- Winchelsea Motel East Sussex
- The Lodge At Winchelsea East Sussex