We stayed at the lodge for two nights, the staff were excellent and couldn't do enough for us, Our room was lovely really clean and furnished really well all very comfortable.
We had a meal in the restaurant and it was delicious very quick service and the prices were really reasonable, unfortunately we didn't get the young lads name that served us that night but he really made sure we had an enjoyable evening thank you. The continental breakfast was lovely everything we needed.
Rye is very near and Camber sands beach.
Thank you also to the Manager who made time for us.
Overall a really lovely stay we will look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Winchelsea offers its guests the perfect base to explore the beautiful 1066 countryside and historic sites. Situated between Rye and Hastings with ample free onsite parking. There are fantastic walks from our doorstep including the ‘1066 country walk’. 28 modern en-suite guest rooms, bar and restaurant, free wi-fi and free parking. Room price includes continental breakfast. The contemporary restaurant is open seven days a week serving a wide range of delicious dishes, including an excellent carvery every Sunday. Our menu changes to reflect the seasons and offers dishes for all tastes and budgets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your The Lodge at Winchelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Winchelsea Hotel Winchelsea
- Winchelsea Hotel East Sussex
- Winchelsea Motel East Sussex
- The Lodge At Winchelsea East Sussex