This place is without doubt the worst hotel I have stayed in in England.
When we arrived we had to wait 15 minutes in reception as staff milled around and ignored us. Checking into the room offered no respite from the horror. The room was plain dirty - the floor clearly had not been hoovered for a good few weeks and the bathroom was filthy - there was even blood smeared on the bin lid next to the toilet. The shower curtain was covered in mould, and since the shower cubicle was about 1 ft square it was difficult to avoid getting it wrapped round your legs.
Whilst taking a shower I was treated to someone hammering on the door and the window of the bathroom, looking for the housekeeper. When out of the shower, standing in the room towelling off I was treated to said housekeeper letting herself in without knocking. She repeatedly asked about the leak we had reported (we hadn't - a leak would have been quite welcome as it may have inadvertantly cleaned the place up a bit) whilst I repeatedly pointed out that I was naked and would appreciate it if she left. It took 3 goes, but she eventually took the hint.
What more can I say? A thoroughly unpleasant stay, in a disgusting hotel. I don't really know why I'm writing this as it is apparent that they don't care about guest experience, or want any repeat business, but please please please - just don't go here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Winchelsea offers its guests the perfect base to explore the beautiful 1066 countryside and historic sites. Situated between Rye and Hastings with ample free onsite parking. There are fantastic walks from our doorstep including the ‘1066 country walk’. 28 modern en-suite guest rooms, bar and restaurant, free wi-fi and free parking. Room price includes continental breakfast. The contemporary restaurant is open seven days a week serving a wide range of delicious dishes, including an excellent carvery every Sunday. Our menu changes to reflect the seasons and offers dishes for all tastes and budgets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Book Direct Rooms, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Lodge at Winchelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Winchelsea Hotel Winchelsea
- Winchelsea Hotel East Sussex
- Winchelsea Motel East Sussex
- The Lodge At Winchelsea East Sussex