My friend and I decided on a couple of days away from London and both having been to the area many years ago decided to re-visit.
We travelled down on the train from London taking around 2 hours. The station is approx 1/2 mile from the New Inn.
We had found the New Inn on one of the hotel sites and booked a two night stay and found the whole experience great.
Our twin room, which we had requested, was tastefully furnished and in keeping with the character of the Inn. The en-suite bathroom had a lovely full shower something which is rare to find in smaller establishments.
All of the staff were were very welcoming friendly and professional.
We ate dinner in the restaurant area both evenings and found the food simple but of a high standard. We also spent an enjoyable hour in the 'Secret" walled garden.
The wines on offer were of a good variety and reasonably priced.
On recommendation of the staff we chose the House wine which we would definitely recommend as excellent value.
After a good nights sleep we enjoyed a very fresh, well cooked breakfast with sufficient choices for all tastes.
The town itself although very small is worth a meander around and we also walked to nearby Winchelsea Beach and to Rye, with help on directions from locals to avoid busy roads.
I would definietly visit the area again and definitely stay at the New Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The warmest of welcomes awaits you at the New Inn. This 18th century coaching inn in the ancient town of Winchelsea offers beautiful boutique letting rooms, delicious traditional British pub food including local specialities, real ales, a great selection of international wines and spirits, plus a log fire in the winter and an extensive beer garden for light snacks in the summer. We are also dog and child friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your New Inn Winchelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Inn Winchelsea Hotel Winchelsea
- New Inn Winchelsea East Sussex