“Last minute gem”
Review of The Keswick

The Keswick
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bacton
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I had to book a hotel the same day for a last minute business trip and the Keswick had a room at a reasonable price. I am so glad I chose the hotel, I got a really warm welcome as soon as I entered the hotel. My room was lovely and it is always to stay in a hotel that is right by the sea. The food and service was excellent and Margaret even gave me a lift to work the following morning! A very homely and welcoming place, I will be coming back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank moulin100

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This gem of a hotel was easy to find and is in a perfect location for exploring the North Norfolk coast. Travelling alone can be daunting especially being a woman but from the moment I walked in the door and greeted by Margaret, I knew I would have a great stay. Nothing was too much trouble and I was made to feel welcome instantly.
My room at the back overlooked the sea which was perfect and it was clean, tidy and very comfortable. It had everything you could wish for to make a great stay.
There was access to the deserted beach from the huge car park which was perfect for a short stroll before dinner.
The bar was relaxed and comfy and also dog friendly. The restaurant was something else! The menu was appetizing which made it difficult to chose but it all sounded fabulous. I was not disappointed! Fresh local produce was beautifully presented and delicious to eat. All credit to Russell! Breakfast was also of the same high standard.
I was very tempted to stay another night but sadly I had to leave but I will no doubt re-visit in the future and would highly recommend this hotel to all my friends and family
To me, this AA 3* hotel is more like a 5 star!

Room Tip: Can't beat a good sea view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Zicap
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We have not stayed in this hotel yet but we have used the restaurant on a number of occasions whilst staying in a cottage. The food is excellent and is well worth a visit. The service is 1st class and nothing is too much trouble. We had a dog but the owners sorted a table so that we could still sample the excellent food. The hotel has had some refurbishment since our last visit and you can see the standard is continually improving. We will be booking a room there next time instead of a cottage.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I've stayed at the Keswick many times on business over the past several months, but it is an establishment that I have never hesitated to bring my family to also.

The delightful and personal manner in which the Keswick is run has meant that Margaret and Russell's hotel has been my home away from home whilst on business and an extended family when my loved ones are with me.

This type of atmosphere is invaluable to the travelling professional or family holiday-makers alike; my family and I have thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Keswick on every occasion!

Margaret's warm and charming nature coupled with Russell's exuberant and quintessential flair in the kitchen, means that your stay at The Keswick can only be as heart-felt and enjoyable as mine!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2013

A truly fantastic find,from the moment we walked through to reception the greeting we received from receptionist Marie was amazing nothing was too much trouble,noticing my walking stick our cases were in our room on the 1st floor immediately.The room was spotless and the 4 poster king size bed. was so so comfortable..Margaret the co owner with husband chef Russell,what can we say about Margaret,Fantastic,a lovely lady whose favourite two words were NO PROBLEM!!!Now we come to the food,the full Norfolk Breakfast is a local sourced meal that fills you up until dinner time.Dinner, incredible you must try Russell's sea bass,sublime,as was everything he waived his chef's knife over..We were due to leave on the Wednesday,but just had to stay another day.
See you all again next year.
Can't wait.
Celia & Ted Gosling

Room Tip: We had the four poster bed room,wonderful slept like tops.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Edward G
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I received a wonderfully warm welcome from everyone at the Keswick. The rooms are lovely, the beds comfy and the food excellent. Located as close to the beach as it's possible to be in Bacton, this is a bed and breakfast to which I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013

this is the second stay at the keswick for me,last year my husband was battling cancer and we both had a great time here,margaret and russell were superb hosts,the food was excellent and it was a pleasure to see my husband enjoy the food,we shared a double sea veiw room,and our little dog was welcomed as well,the room was spotless and very comfortable,since then sadly john passed away in june,Needing to visit a friend nerebye i booked into the keswick ,only 1 room available and a single,i didn hesitate and booked,the room was very comfortable,spotless with lovely crisp white sheets,bathroom with huge walk in shower,john, would have loved that,this visit was a very emotianal time for me,never in 25yrs had i stayed in a hotel alone,and to say i was nervous is putting it mildly,BUT i was greeted with such a warm MARGARET welcome,and instantly i knew once again my weekend was going to be great,and it was,the best norfolk brekky around,set me up for the day,superb is the word.im definatly going to book again and would highly recommend to anyone visiting that area,,THANK you every one for making my step into a different life so much easier for me,you deserve the biggest acalade for all your hard work .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bacton
The Manor Hotel
8 mi away
Sea Marge Hotel
Sea Marge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Overstrand

Been to The Keswick? Share your experiences!