“Pleasantly Surprised”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Syresham
The King's Head Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Syresham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night in preparation for a Silverstone experience. We didn't have great expectations because of the price, £45 booked directly with the owners and the reviews. We arrived at about 4pm, the owner Pedro was friendly told us where our room was and meal timing. The rooms are in a converted barn we were in room 5 it was warm and we could turn up the heating if we wanted to, there was a tv and tea and coffee facilities everything was clean with white sheets and duvets there was plently of hanging and draw space and room for a suitcase. The bathroom had complimentary soaps and shower gels and plenty of clean white towels very hot water and a large shower. The bed was huge and comfortable. We unpacked and went for coffee in the pub about 6 steps away. Coffee was freshly ground and staff were friendly. We booked a table for the evening meal after deliberating over the large choice of menu. Food was brilliant we had the pork belly and the lamb shank, generous portions , fresh veg and delicious and dessert was just as good. We asked about breakfast for the following morning as we had to leave fairly early and were told timings and how to get in the pub not a problem. Breakfast was just as good we could have any combination and juices, cereals and muffins were there to help yourself from. Our overall experience was really good and extremely good value for money. I honestly don't know what people expect from a pub B&B for this price. Stayed Feb 10th 2013.

Room Tip: Downstairs room go from 1 to 5 we were in 5 which was on the road so some road noise but very little...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JCornwallCornwall
There are newer reviews for The King's Head Inn

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Stayed here for 12 nights while doing fire extinguisher service at Silverstone. Every meal was delicious and the banter with Pedro was great. Room was decent and clean with freeview. 2 others came up with me for a week and they said the same. No noise by the locals when leaving the pub. Even when the company card was declined Pedro said we can sort the balance out the next week I was to stay. Will stay again if we do the service next year and look forward to it.
Cheers Pedro

Gavin

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Pitcher87
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I will do this chronologically:
We arrived to the bar where we asked to check in - they handed us a key and said "its that way" pointing to a wall (they meant to the side of the pub). That is the entire conversation we had with the owners. No "have a nice stay" or information on anything else.
We got to the room, which was tidy...ish. Everything was clean and had clearly been wiped down. However there was a used condom wrapper under the bed and the bed itself felt very cheap. There was also no tourist information whatsoever, not even a laminated sheet with a contact number for people. There was not even a fire escape plan on the door.
We got up in the morning for breakfast to find the entire pub closed with no answer - we knocked on every single door we could find and no one came to answer. Not even a stir.
When we went to checkout at 11 we knocked again to see if anyone was around, still no answers whatsoever. We took it upon ourselves to post the key through the letter box.
I emailed them the day after to see if we could discuss why all of this was - no reply. I am irate, to say the least.
Bathroom was as good as any other half decent hotel
TV and tea/coffee facilities

Room Tip: Dont bother with this hotel - the free breakfast did not exist when we went.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Action_Jacks0n
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I booked the Kings Head on a groupon offer and then read the reviews after, so was a bit worried about what I had booked. I needn't have worried, we had a warm welcome and shown to our room, which was cold but what do you expect in February in an old building?! Once the heaters were turned up the room was lovely and warm. The food in the restaurant was very good and I would recommend it to my friends. The service was good and quick. All in all it was a lovely night in a nice old building with good food.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mrs C
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Original booking cancelled due to failed fire regs an hour before we were due to arrive, then we werent contacted when it was re-opened as promised. When I did finally contact and rebooked there was no apology.
Arrived to a very unwelcoming lady, who didnt speak, only thrust a key at us.
Walked in the room, had a quick look round and turned right back round and left. Pubic hairs in bathroom sink and on bed pillow was enough to make me leave.
Didnt have the chance to sample any food, but I definately will NEVER return.
We actually rang a well known hotel in Oundle and stayed there instead, which was absolutely perfect in every way.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Bearing in mind it was a cold damp foggy day when we arrived at the King's Head we were expecting a nice warm room to relax in but unfortunately the heater had not been put on and it took a good hour for the room to warm up. It was a very small basic room but adequate with plenty of tea and coffee. The bathroom floor was very cold but there was hot water for a shower. Plenty of clean towels and although the double bed was ideal if you were on the tiny side it had nice clean sheets and duvet. Did not think the Portugese Platter for the evening meal was enough as a sharer more of a starter. The dining room was exceptionally cold so we moved into the bar where there were two log fires which were cosy. Cooked breakfast very nice but sparse on Continental breakfast. Pity the manager was not more welcoming. Ideal place to stay for visiting Silverstone Circuit. Free on-road parking. No noise on patrons leaving the pub.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Went last week as we are moving in locally - so you would think that on my return visit with two potential new customers that the service and welcome would be good - wrong!
The waitress, wearing tracksuit bottoms and slipper type boots sat in the bar on her Ipad while we ate - attracting her attention for service. Although we were the only three customers, the food took ages to arrive - well two mains arrived, I had to wait over 5 minutes for mine to appear. My mothers fish "fillet" was full of bones and the batter inedible. When I queried this with the waitress I was told "fish has bones" - Pedro was also dismissive when I raised it with him. £54 for a very poor lunch for three - I won't return.

Room Tip: go somewhere else...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tankygal17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Syresham
Whittlebury Hall
Silverstone Guest House
Silverstone Guest House
#3 of 6 in Silverstone
Brackley Oaks Guest House

Been to The King's Head Inn? Share your experiences!