“Starters and puds night”

The Triple Plea Inn
Ranked #8 of 30 Restaurants in Halesworth
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Triple Plea is on the edge of Halesworth Town and we provide a lunch and evening menu with specials board. Tuesday evenings - Burger Night £5 Wednesday Lunch - Senior Citizen Lunch £6.95, main and a tea or coffee. Thursday evenings - Pie Night £5 Friday evenings - BBQ and full Main Menu plus happy hour 4-6pm (seasonal) Sunday lunch Carvery We have a large car park at the rear of the pub as well as a play area beer garden. We are dog friendly (well behaved dogs on leads) and family friendly. Tuesday-Saturday 12pm-3pm-5.30pm-11pm Sundays 12pm-5pm Closed Mondays.
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

Just back from the starters and pudding night at the triple plea and once again the food was great. My favourite was the smoked haddock gratin which was superb but the prawn tempura and goats cheese were great too. The beer was excellent as usual and the service spot on. My only disappointment was that I couldn't stay for the folk music session that had just started. Maybe next time.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Went to the Burns night celebration here, really enjoyed it, the staff were amazing, everyone got into the spirit of the evening, well done all of you.

Just one complaint and that was the bar was cold, very pleased on going through to the restaurant to see a log burner blazing away, only problem being that nobody made any effort to keep it burning and it just went out, such a shame would have made a big difference with just a little bit more effort.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

We arrived on a Sunday evening looking for food. The place was almost empty. We went in, conversation stopped from the man behind the bar and the two customers. All looked and stared at us as if we had arrived trying to sell something! I asked if we could eat? To be told "No, not on Sundays". End of conversation and we left disapointed and never to return. I had heard good things about this pub, I guess things and people change. We then visted a further 6 pubs locally to be told the same, but found this the most un-wecoming of all.

1  Thank Darren W
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I found the menu at this pub/restaurant rather limited. There was only one choice each of a chicken, fish or meat dish, plus a steak option which for £17 I thought was too expensive, as it was served with only chips and salad (no mushrooms, onion rings, grilled tomatoes etc). There was also one vegetarian option. The specials board only offered 2 starters, and no main course options.
I chose the pork belly with mustard mash, which although very tasty, had more bones and fat than actual meat, and as there was no sauce or gravy it was rather dry. I asked for a knob of butter to moisten it up a little, which was readily supplied.
The service at the bar and in the restaurant was very friendly. We arrived at 6.45pm and placed our order, but asked if we could eat at 7.30 to give us time for a couple of drinks first. Unfortunately it was around 8pm before our food arrived, despite there being only one other couple in the restaurant. There were lots of empty tables so I can't help wondering how much longer we may have waited if it had been busy (it was Saturday night).
So the service was friendly, the welcome warm, but the atmosphere rather non-existent, the choice poor and the food tasty but dry and a long time coming.
Make of that what you will!

1  Thank smitchell999
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Friendly service, good food and well kept beer. Service was a little slow as there was a large party booked in. Comfy seating area in the bar. Plenty of parking.