“Enjoyable visit”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Enjoyable visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We went to this centre on a very wet afternoon. We took our 2 year old son who loved it. He loved feeding the animals. I had taken a voucher for £2 off per paying adult which made it good value. Not sure if it was worth the full entrance price. My son was free entry. Not sure there is enough to do for a whole day but if you are looking for something to do for a couple of hours then this place is ok.

Visited September 2013

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

My husband, my 20 month old son and I went today and had a fantastic time. We were there for about 4 hours and enjoyed every minute (although my son was a bit grissly because he missed his nap and didn't want to sleep because he was too interested!)

We thought the entry fee was very reasonable. We went out of the school holidays so it was quiter than you would normally expect which was a bonus. The owners were very welcoming and we felt like nothing would have been too much trouble.

We loved 'cuddle a pet', we missed the train because we were cuddling for so long but it was no problems they just ran it again for us which was lovely. They were lots of play areas with mini peddle tractors and slides which my son loved. The animals were accessible which addrd extra element than a zoo lacks. I paid for a camel ride and it was worth every penny.

The food was good. It wasn't spectacular but it was reasonable food at a reasonable price.

Don't expect it to be all sparkling and new - it isn't. It's clean (loads of hand washing stations), functioning and comparable to most facility's available in zoo's

The animals seemed happy and we walked round and round until our legs were sore.

They missed a trick with the shop though - they defiantly need more camel related items!

A fantastic day and highly recommended.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sonnyjim1979
London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Worth it if you have money off voucher”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We visited the camel centre on 27th August with our three and a half year old son. There was lots there to keep him occupied for a few hours such as feeding the animals, riding on the land train and the various play parks they have around the site. I feel though without the entry discount voucher printed from their website I would only be giving it a 3 out of 5 rating as it would have been a bit pricey for what it is without it.
One thing I would say is take a packed lunch, we visited the centre's cafe and had to wait 35 minutes for 3 jacket potatoes! Hungry children and long waits don't mix.

Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Llama Walking!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We went to the Oasis Camel Centre on our way back from Southwold. We'd managed to print off the £2.00 off vouchers on their website which brought the cost down for my wife and I to £6.00 each. We'd decided against riding a camel and instead to walk a llama. There was a feeling of slight disorganisation, but overall everything seemed to work out fine.

The place itself is looking a little tired, but you can tell that the people who run the centre have to work very hard to keep it running, so all in all they've done a pretty good job.

We really enjoyed walking the llama which cost £5.00 for half an hour regardless of how many were in your group, as opposed to the camel rides which were £8.00 per person. Our llama (Fred) was very friendly and it was certainly something different!

The other facilities advertised such as the mini golf and train ride were not worth bothering about to be honest, but there were lots of other animals to see which I'm sure younger children would enjoy.

Overall we enjoyed our visit and can now say we've walked a llama! Would I have thought the same had I paid for a family with camel rides etc, maybe not.

1 Thank Glen E
Norwich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Value For Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I visited the Oasis Camel Park on Friday taking my two kids and my friend and her two children. I thought it was the best value for money trip we have had all year. I don't normally write that many reviews however I do use TA a lot when looking for places to go to take the kids.

I felt compelled to write a review for the Oasis Camel Park as we had such a nice time and I was surprised to see some of the comments from other reviews and wondered if these people went to the same attraction as we did.

Just near the entrance there is a bouncy castle inside a barn and just around the corner there is a large undercover play area with slides, ballpond and tunnels. Our kids spent over an hour in this alone and we had to drag them out! There were loads of activities provided on the day we visited we went cuddling pets and to 'meet a camel' which was very interesting and we got some lovely pictures of our children hugging a sitting down camel – FABULOUS! We all love animals and the sight of so many camels was awesome.

The children really enjoyed being able to get close to the animals and feeding them. We had intended paying for a camel ride but there was a long queue and we had to get home. The children were disappointed but we said we would go back after the school holidays and do this. The children also spent 15 minutes in the maze, had a ride around the place on a small train and played crazy golf. Yes, the course is old-fashioned maybe, but the kids loved it and the only problem was that so many other people were playing as well.

We downloaded a voucher from the camel park website so it cost us £19-50 for a family ticket and we also got £2 off each for the other 2 children. So a total of £29.40 for all 6 of us to get in which I thought was brilliant value for money compared to some places - less than £5 per head.

We took a picnic lunch so cannot comment on the cafe however we did buy some drinks and ice creams which were very reasonably priced compared to some other places we have been. In total we spent around 4 hours at the park and the children were exhausted. I can see that some other reviewers saying that they only spent around 40 minutes there - there is no way that if you take part in all the activities and look around all the different animals, you could get round in such a short time - you will be there for much longer than this!

1 Thank Risso0529