“Great Indian!”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have been here on numerous occasions with friends and family and it has always been great yummy food, good atmosphere, good staff and great service. Will know doubt be returning!

1  Thank Maggie W

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I've eaten at numerous curry houses in the area and the only on that comes close is Saxmundham. The staff are friendly and welcoming and would recommend the food and restaurant without hesitation

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We called in without booking and there was no problem, we were seated straightaway in one of the booths. The service was prompt and the staff very friendly and helpful. My husband and I enjoy Indian food and we weren't disappointed. The food was tasty and very good portions, I had been warned about the size of the portions and asked if I could have a half portion, this was not a problem and I was only charged half the cost despite the fact that there didn't seem to be a great deal of difference between the size of my meal and my husband's, it was a very good sized half portion. They also did a very good trade in takeaways. Would definitely go again if in that area.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

On visiting friends in Halesworth, we decided at the last minute to go to the restaurant instead of getting a takeaway. We rang up and we were instantly told there wasn't a problem in getting a table and we went straight away. We had a fantastic meal, excellent service and some rather good drink!! The staff were fantastic and very friendly. We have been to this restaurant before on several occasions and the food and service have always been good. Could recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Thursday is 4 courses for £13.95. A good selection of dishes and the ones we had were tasty and a good portion size.

We booked a table for three, however when we got there the reservation was only for two. They apologised and quickly got a table for three together whilst we had a drink. A good start.

There are steep steps down to the restaurant so if you have problem with steps (as did one of my friends) just say to the staff and they will take you to a different entrance. I thought this was considerate and good customer service. The staff are friendly, polite and efficient.

The poppadums were light, crisp and with the Indian pickles were a great start. The mixed kebabs, tandoori chicken and aloo chop had good flavours and delicious. For main course we picked Chicken Peshwari, Lamb Jalfrezi and Chicken Masala with Mushroom rice, Peshwari nan, chapathi, Saag Aloo and Tarka Dhal. All the dishes again had great flavours, the dhal was one of the best I have tasted and just the right amount. My only complaint was the lamb was a little chewy and not enough spice in the Jalfrezi. We finished off with a mango Khulfi which ended the meal nicely. All this for £13.95 was great value and will be back again next time I am in Halesworth.