The Angel Hotel
Satis House Hotel(Yoxford)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$199
The Swan(Southwold)
US$268
  • Breakfast included
The Kings Head Hotel(Beccles)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Restaurant
US$134
All reviewsitalian restaurantpizzabar menuold buildingnice atmospherelarge roomprawnsbreakfast was excellentplace to eatcheerful staffanother member of staffwith locally sourced ingredientsthe young ladyloud musicdifferent areasservice was prompttraditional bar
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for the hightide festival at this hotel as we need a hotel in the area and it proved to be a right gem ! Lovely spacious room with all facilities , cheerful staff and good cooked to order breakfast . On top of seeing 4 brilliant plays on offer and without having to drive anywhere it couldn't have been better

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Simon T, Owner at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you Chrissie for taking the time to write a review. We all enjoy the Hightide Festival too. I'm glad you had a good time. See you next year.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Having worked in town for a year, I had a good idea of what to expect. Back for one night with friends, I figured I'd give the Angel a try and was not disappointed. Booking process was easy (using the website), and everything was expected. Had dinner at Cleonie's, and breakfast the following night. Loved the character of the Inn, but didn't see the ghosts apparently. Rooms were well equipped, spacious and clean. Very large bathroom and comfortable bed. Very quiet.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the thoroughfare. Allows you to enjoy all the town has to offer.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Simon T, Owner at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Hello and thank you for your kind words on both The Angel and Cleone's sites. We have been here quite a while now and have always tried to maintain a consistent level of service and product. We are always pleased when customers appreciate our efforts. The staff take a lot of pride in their work and love to hear from happy customers.
See you soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed one night, having stayed several times before, and found the experience very pleasurable. Rooms are of a good size, warm, with just the right amount of 'extras'. Bar food is good value. The Italian-themed restaurant is more expensive and ambitious and is agreeable. Staff at The Angel are terrific - professional, helpful and friendly - and all seem to be able to do any task. Its a relaxing place - no overdone decor; no rush to be totally modern; the place is, like the town, comfortable. The location of the hotel is excellent, being at the beginning of the best street in Halesworth, a pedestrianized street full of individual shops.

Room Tip: All the rooms (there are 7) that I have stayed in are attractive.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Simon T, Owner at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thanks, Andrew, for taking the time to write following your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and pleased that you found our 'style' a comfortable experience. We try to make sure that the important things are in place even if we cannot be totally up to the minute in terms of technology and interior design. I really appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

What more can I say....

The Angel Hotel is just an absolute pleasure. Rooms are tidy and we'll kept, the bar area is lively and friendly.

To add to all this the excellent staff make for an unforgettable stay, it's just simple traditional service with a smile where as a resident nothing is to much to make your stay enjoyable!

The food in both the bar and restaurant is fantastic and again tailored to your needs and that even applies to breakfast is something a little different is required.

If I could pack all of the hotel into my travel bag and carry it with me I would!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Simon T, Owner at The Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thanks, Ian, for your appreciative feedback on your experiences here at The Angel. It is great to hear how much you enjoy your visits. All the staff work very hard and love to see that their efforts are well received. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

From the outside it look a great traditional pub and hotel. Unfortunately the inside wasn't as great due to poor quality furniture, worn carpets and very run down. On the upside the food looked good (I only had breakfast) and served some good real ales.

I was booked into the hotel so hopefully this would be better. The stairs and corridor also had the old run down look and when I got into the room it was slightly better, but not worth the £54 a night B&B rate. The room was very old looking and not decorated/changed for years. The bathroom was OK, clean and functional but overall the place was uninspiring. The following morning I went for breakfast and was pleasantly surprised. This was definitely the highlight of my stay as the food, not an extensive selection, was cooked well and the smoked salmon with scrambled eggs good.

I stayed here as it was in walking distance to friends I was visiting. Next time I would search for other accommodation because The Angel Hotel wasn't value for money. It desperately needs a refurbishment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends