Residence Grand Massif
  • Bar/Lounge
Le Berouze(Samoens)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewspool tableample parkingpeak seasongrand massifself cateringtransfer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here for one night as a stopover en route to Tuscany. Didn't think it was particularly good value for money 139 euro for one night not including breakfast.
Good points: great views, swimming pool which is always welcome after a long drive with children, small kitchenette with fridge.
Negative points: sofa bed (which was the main bed) not very comfortable, WiFi didn't work most of the time (when I queried this at Reception I was told it was because thehotel was full and everyone was probably using WiFi, but this was at 3pm and there were only 4 cars in their park including ours). Staff weren't particularly friendly, no smiles etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2013

A really decent hotel, good value for money. It is located within 10 min from the Morillon village, a bit to far just to walk to the ski lift but it was fine to get there with a car. Enough parking space in front of the hotel. Simple but nice breakfast in the morning. Room quite nice, spacious and clean. It was really cold at the pool area so we havent used it. The internet reception could be a lot better.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

wife, 4 yr old and I stayed in a one bedroomed ground floor flat over easter weekend.

good:
friendly, english speaking staff
clean, new rooms and facilities
pool
access by car and parking

bad point:
comfort of the fold out bed

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We ended in in BW Morillon last moment, as we didn't find other decent availabilities around Grand Masiff.I have to say that the service/price ratio is eccellnet for this area, we stayed in lesser hotels for almost double price. The 2 room apartments with kitchenette are great, we actualy rented 2 of those with grandparents and all, and I have to say though that one had a strange smell about it, not very pleasant between cigarette and sour cabbage sort of thing :-).
Otherwise it looked spotless.
The problem is not the hotel though, but Morillon. It is the smallest of the resorts there, you better book a place for dinner, else you end up like us, trying 4 different eateries before finding place. I am not even sure if there are more than 4 eateries in Morillon :-). Then, for ski passes you better go pick up yours at first hour (8:30), those ladies are absolutely the slowest cashiers I saw in my life (btw, it is not our first time in Morillon, about 3 weeks ago, we simply turned around after sitting iddle for abou 20 minutes in the queue). We only went back because we had the BW reservations already, and you bet I was there at 8:30 for the passes. On top, the ski slopes are unfortunately also the worst I saw, and I pretty much experienced most of the Chamonix region ski stations.

Room Tip: definitely corner rooms if you can, + idealy with some exposure to the main entrance side, the back in in the shadow most of the day.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I just stayed there for a weekend on the slopes in a group of 4. We rented a 2 bedroom apartment. The room was great - very spacious and with great facilities. Also very warm.

The hotel itself is fairly well located and easy enough to find. There was ample parking too. There is an indoor pool, which is great for relaxing after a day on the slopes. The breakfast buffet was ok, though personally I would have preferred more hot dishes. I was also surprised to learn that no alcohol is available (I suppose they don't have a licence), which was a little bit frustrating as you have to drive to go to the nearest bar.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and let us use the shower facilities the day we left once we had already checked out. That definitely made our trip home much better after having spent a day skiing.

I would definitely go back but suggest that if you are renting an apartment perhaps bring a few supplies such as a few beers etc for apres-ski!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends