“Fantastic!”
Review of Chalet Paula

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morillon
Chalet Paula
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Yet another lovely skiing holiday with Ros and Mark chez Chalet Paula. Loads of snow, lovely accommodation, wonderful food and great company. I've been coming to Chalet Paula since it was built and can't praise the place highly enough. Would recommend this little gem to anyone for both winter and summer holidays. Mary

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Chalet Paula

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Back again with the family for a week. Really easy transfer from Geneva to Morillon via Mark.

Mark and Ros were truly excellent with their hospitality once again, whether it was giving my wife some ski tuition or playing cards with my sons. We had sunshine all week, although to the end of the week some more snow was needed.

The food was superb, Ros is amazing, with preparing so many lovely meals for us all.

It really is like staying with family when you visit. The kindness and involvement to ensure a fantastic holiday is unlike anything I have experience anywhere before. We were all so disappointed to be home, but can't wait to go again. See you in 6 weeks when I'm back with the boys trip!

I can't recommend Chalet Paula highly enough.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PCallow
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My family discovered it after my daughter in law met Ros. They were the wonderful hosts. I cannot praise them too highly, catering brilliantly for the whole family. The food was cordon bleu. Both Ros and Mark went out of their way to make Christmas a lovely festive occasion, playing games with the children- my young grandson winning Scrabble to his delight. Once the snow arrived- everyone was happy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lynnemonck
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We fell upon this little Gem through a friend of a friend. We weren't exactly sure what to expect before we arrived.

The chalet is a little over an hour from Geneva airport, making it a nice short transfer.

On arrival we were shown all the rooms we were using so we could fight amongst ourselves as to which one to have! The rooms are comfortable, clean and share bathrooms on each floor (there were several bathrooms to use, I can't remember ever having to wait).

The food was excellent; breakfast was a combination of cooked breakfast and cereal with as much tea, coffee and orange juice as required. On return to the chalet each day there was a large pot of tea and cake waiting. The evening meals were excellent, mixed along with the conversation amongst all the guests made for a really enjoyable stay.

As the chalet is about 100 yards from the lift it was a very easy walk each day. Mark and Ros use a ski hire shop, which allow you to store your equipment there to save walking in ski boots. The slopes were really good, a great mix of easy and intermediate with one or two blacks here and there. The off-piste was also great especially using Mark as a guide to where was safe to go.

Mark and Ros really do ensure your holiday is a good one, from feeding you tea and cake until you are at bursting point to every day coming out on the slopes to guide you round. I have never stayed on any holiday before where the owners get obvious enjoyment from you having a good time. If you enjoy being looked after, this is really the place to do it.

Thank you Mark and Ros for such a great break and putting up with 5 guys! We will be sorting out dates very soon for next year and will also be looking to bring my family for our ski break too.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2013

This was our second weekend at Chalet Paula - returning in 2013 after a hugely successful visit in 2012.
Mark and Ros are incredible hosts, always willing to ensure their guests are 100% happy.
Mark kindly agreed to collect us (3 guys) from the airport and Ros has a fantastic meal waiting for us when we arrived.
The food here is 5 star and the atmosphere of the chalet is fun, warm and relaxed. The outdoor hut tub is just what the achy muscles need after a long day on the slopes.
Mark and Ros skied with us and this was hugely useful as there was no need to 'get to know' all the routes/conenctions.

Please keep up your amazing service. We will be back.

J, S & T
We stayed for 4 nights again this year and will return for sure.

Room Tip: The new wing is suberb !!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I was intrigued by the fact that the chalet had a perfect score of 5 stars on tripadvisor and wondered whether we would feel the same after our stay. Well, there was never any doubt. Mark and Ros were very gracious hosts, willing to spend most of the our 3 days guiding us around the Grand Massif ski area, as well as making us very welcome and comfortable in the chalet. New snow on the final day, and they knew exactly where to take us - one of the best skiing w/ends we have had.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I think the previous reviews say most of what I want to, but I'll try and add a bit.
Ros and Mark make this wonderful chalet in Morillon what it is, a home.
From before we left, Ros and Mark were fantastic, giving advice about ski hire, lift passes, transfers etc. Given that we had not visited Morillon before this was invaluable.
Nothing was too much trouble and I knew from the phone calls we were going to have a good time. They were flexible about arrival dates and times and given our party was four families of 4 this was brilliant.
On our arrival, it was like meeting a couple I'd known for years. Wine and beer (and a bit of champagne) flowing set the mood for the holiday, as did the kids doing Gangnam Style in the hot tub.
From cooked breakfasts, to 4 course evening meals (with the kids fed earlier) the food was excellent. The wood burning stoves inviting and the hot tub just bliss. Ros and Mark enjoy life in all it's aspects and they help you do the same.
The final thing I'll add is that you can judge a place by the way they handle things not going right. My wife had the flu whilst there, and the kids were intermittently not skiing due to the same bug. Ros and Mark couldn't have been nicer and my wife says Ros' hot toddy is to die for.
Thank you Ros and Mark for a fab holiday, we'll be back for skiing and also for a summer break and maybe some painting.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family