“Great Hotel with outstanding staff.”
Review of Hotel Elba Carlota

Hotel Elba Carlota
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Having just seen the most recent reviews my tip would be to take no notice of the food, bar and petty gripes. This is a very good hotel with a varied mix of European holiday makers staying there it is about 15 minutes from the airport, our taxi was 13.00 euros.
The staff are very helpful I guess they can be a bit moody if you've got impatient all inclusive bar dwellers who have no manners themselves, at best they were doing a good job as quick as they could and if you go to the trouble of asking in Spanish and say "please and thank you" also in Spanish you may get that little bit extra back. It was our 30th Wedding Anniversary whilst there and as Half Boarders we had to check in at the restaurant door so we could pick up our drink tab sheet, we became friendly with Daniel who was on duty, once he found out about our 30th he told us there would be a surprise on the day in our room fridge we felt quite humble here was someone going out of his way to do a little something special, he told us because we always smiled and acknowledge him with (you've guessed it) good manners and the time of the day it was the least he could do for us .
We were grateful to receive two small bottles of Cava and a fruit platter much needed after a hectic day by the pool.
In general the Hotel, Pool Area, Green areas, Bars and seating areas are kept very clean, no stray cups paper empty glasses are left too long. The mess on tables is created by guests and they do get clean when staff are not serving.
The rooms are good sizes the beds are large and comfy.A high standard of finish throughout we had sea view, so balcony couple of chairs and table on this. Bathroom is full size and towels are changed daily and restocking of toiletries also. It is not Bayliss and Harding so if you are in need of proper stuff you can get at the supermarket which is two minutes away.
Food was excellent so much choice I find it incredibly dull that people would call it average and repetitive, it wasn't. There are themed nights all excellently prepared from Sushi, Mexican, Canarias Oriental and the best Paella I've ever had. The dinner prep is faultless they're Chefs cooking food as you walk by deliberating, it was that difficult to choose, the salads fresh the bread tasty, the soup made very well. The service in the restaurant is good they are very busy and will bring wine clear up all without you having to ask so you can go off to choose whilst this is done for you. Tip the wine offered at 2.50 euro a glass or AI is table wine, ok, but a bit rough on the edges. Step up to the house Rioja it is much better, you would not get this on AI you have to pay. Breakfast is vast from continental through to bacon and eggs, again Chefs are prepping in front of you, so no one should ever fault this hotel for its food.
This a very good 4 star hotel there is not much they are doing wrong and you cannot please everyone.The Elba group are doing a good job there and we certainly will go back.

Room Tip: Sea View is best, in mornings sun rises straight onto balcony lovely and warm to get up to.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank 60Sharpee
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

dear sir / madam,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about hotel Elba Carlota.
Our main goal is to satisfy alll of our different clients, and I think it is safe to say that reading your comments, we succeeded!
I am very happy and very proud to see you have choses our hotel to celebrate your aniversary, and I am glad you apreciated the little atention on your special day.
Please take a look on our website to aply for a fidelity card, whcih you can use to earn discounts and benefits, not only in our hotel, but all the hotels of the Elba chain.
We are all looking forward to your next stay here with us!

Director.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,302)

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Just got back from the elba having spent a weeks holiday there 9th nov - 16th nov, what can I tell you? All the different aspects of this holiday I would grade as first class :- check-in,reception,facilities,cleanliness,rooms,pools,sports,view,scenery,food,service,staff.....little extras like wi-fi in the room(free),safe(small charge) and even English t.v channels inc,bbc 1 and I.t.v...all helped make this holiday special. A big thank you to the management and animation team. ( Stephan was very good). All in all one of the best hotels we have been to....

Room Tip: Pre-book and pay the extra for a sea view and use a taxi for transfers..room 346 great
3  Thank phil h

dear mister Phil,

Thank you very much for the positive review you have written about our hotel.
I am very happy and proud to read your kind words, and I must admit, working with clients as yourself makes our jobs so much more satisfying and motivating!
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us even more enjoyable!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

hi al get the bad points out of the way first. room 151 avoid like the plague fly's i sprayed the room with fly spray when going out .on return plenty of daed fly's and new one's have moved in. showered with fly's. just gave up in the end . on arriving if you pay for a safe with cash get a receipt. !! after booking with a travel company i found out about a fidelity card on trip advisor so sent of for one
on second day i asked to upgrade and pay cash for the upgrade was told the hotel was fully booked pace for safe with card and no points added card in the bin useless. don't bother getting one

ok now for the good points fantastic hotel good location next to the beach food is good a lot to choose from very clean nice place to relax one of the best pools have seen pool bar is good and the main bar it better so you have to wait for drinks so wot your on holiday theres no rush the staff work very hard all staff from the top to the bottom .and the animation team are fantastic and put a show on once a week o yes and theres entertainment every night so you won't be board all in all a fantastic 4 star hotel and ten days well spent and a dam good holiday and can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: avoid room 151
1  Thank john h

dear mister John,

Thank you very much for giving us your feedback about hotel Elba Carlota.
I am very happy and proud to see you have enjoyed your holidays in our hotel.
It is a shame though what you write about the fidelity card, because it does indeed give you discounts and benefits. The (free) upgrades are subjest availibility though, so sometimes difficult when we are fully booked.
The points are charged after clients checkout, to be able to also charge points for any drinks or other extras added to the room charge.
Myself and the rest of our staff are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Arrived Saturday on my birthday so I was looking forward to a great week. Arrived early 12pm (Check-in at 3PM) So I had a couple of hours to Kill. luckily I got my All-Inclusive arm band so I went to the Restaurant to have lunch. The food was alright for a buffet style restaurant and staff was very polite. During the week there were themed dinners such as Sushi, Paella, Mexican and so on. Only complaint was that the lamb chops were a bit hard to chew (I've had leather that was more tender) - that aside the food was good in general. My room was great I got what I asked for (sea view and not on the ground floor), have been to Fuerteventura before and had issues with cockroaches but not this time. Room was cleaned every day but the towels should be replaced as they were breaking apart. Also I kept getting Shower Gels instead of shampoo which was a bit annoying. The guys in the Bar code bar was a good craic even though they were busy at times and service there was excellent. The drink menu could be updated with more variety. Was it a 4 star hotel? Perhaps, my expectations were a bit higher. Overall it was good and I might come back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kimkbc

dear sir,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your holiday on this site.
I am happy to see you have apreciated our hotel, our services and our staff, and that you have enjoyed your time here with us, as that is what we aim for for all our clients!
Myself and all the staff are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We travelled to the hotel with another family taking taxis from the airport which was a good price and very speedy, unlike a coach transfer. We had booked a junior suite and the room was of an extremely high standard with a huge balcony overlooking the sea. The kids enjoyed the activities with the kids club and the kids disco. The pool area was very clean with lots of sunbeds, although towels were out at the crack of dawn and we did see one or two arguments when people decided to remove towels and claim the beds for themselves! Pool bar was a nice place to sit as was the bar inside the hotel. Food in the restaurant was average and a bit repetitive, although it wasn't all bad.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stockeronholiday

dear sir / madam,

I would like to thank you for the review you have written about hotel Elba Carlota.
I am happy to see you and your family have enjoyed your stay here with us.
We always encourage our clients to give us feedback about their holidays, as we are always trying to improve, and also your comments help us to do that, thank you very much!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here June 2013, I was very Impressed with the hotel, having read some mixed reviews, but overall, very pleased. Having a room right next to poolside helped, it's also a stones throw from the beach.

The food was decent enough, we stayed for 10 days all inc by day 9 and 10 it was wearing a little thin, but that's to be expected. Overall, decent selection of fresh food all day, different meats and fish and also some themed nights too.

The plane issue, people really are making a mountain out of a molehill, there is a plane that travels above about once every hour, it passes within 10 seconds and I didn't hear it fly past 11pm.

For entertainment, activities around the pool were fun, I played volleyball and table tennis (I'm 23) everyone got involved. However the night time entertainment was very poor, the room is crammed and there aren't enough seats nor air con and the bar service was ridiculous, a 10minute wait every time for a drink, oh and one more moan, I found 2 cockroaches in my room, but we was ground floor.

Overall, I left happy and so did the lady, so that's the battle won. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Play the mini golf, it's about 1km from the hotel, great laugh,
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nathan H

dear mister Nathan,

I would like to thank you for writing a review about hotel Elba Carlota.
It is always a great pleasure and very satisfying to read a positive review of satisfied guests, as that is what we try to achieve day by day.
Please take a look on our website, where yu can apply for a fidelity card.
When you come and visit us again, it will give you a lot of discounts and benefits.
Looking forward to your next stay here with us,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

If you like tattoo's, and back to back sun bed's,Butlin's style lukewarm monotonous food, then this is the Hotel for you.Staff cant cope and table's aren't cleared for ages. Our room 377 overlooked the Supermarket, and rubbish skip's.(unable to change the room) bins cleared at midnight, deliveries arrive at 7,30am. Its popular but god knows why, just not for us.
Linda 2013

Room Tip: sea view a must and higher floors ( sun in afternoon on westside)
3  Thank linda w
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

dear miss Linda,

Thank you for your review.
I must say I am a little disapointed by your words.
We are an international hotel and treat all of our different guests equally and with the same amount of respect.
We are here for our guests and try to do everything for them to make their holidya unforgettable.
Maybe next time it would be a good idea to book a seaview room?
Being fully bookes allmost all year I can indeed say that we are quite popular, as you say"not for you" but yes for many others.

Director.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Antigua
Hotel Elba Sara
#2 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste
Barcelo Corralejo Sands
Barcelo Corralejo Sands
#7 of 45 in Corralejo

Been to Hotel Elba Carlota? Share your experiences!