“'Nice time but would not return'”
Review of Hotel Elba Carlota

Hotel Elba Carlota
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Just returned from elba carlota we had a good time but hotel does have a few problems.First problem although the food tastes great it is Luke warm at best we did not have many hot meals in the fortnight (try to catch it when it first comes out) second problem the staff are outstanding and can't be faulted but there aren't many of them so over worked,only 1 person serving drinks in the bars when it's busy it's not enough and you wait a long time for drinks,third problem we were in room 475 overlooking the skip it was ok as we were on the 4th floor with a sea view and views of the mountains (floors 1&2 would only have a skip view) problem is they empty them at crazy times between 11 30/12 midnight what's that about.Plenty of good points location is great,staff great,pool area great,just need to iron problems out and it would be great hotel.

Room Tip: Get a taxi from airport 13 euros at hotel in ten minutes
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul T
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

dear mister Paul,

Thank you very much for the review you have submitted about our hotel.
One of the reasons we are active on this site amongst others is that we are constantly trying to improve.
Our clients are the best source of information as they are the ones who experience our hotel to the fullest.
With your feedback we can continue to give the best service possible, and of course improve where you think we need to.
Thank you very much for your comments, as please concider comming back, as I would like to hear your opinion on the improvements.

Director.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,252)

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have just arrived back from a week at the Elba Carlota and would definitely return! The staff are excellent and special thanks to Leticia on reception who couldn't do enough for us, Pena in the Lobby Bar who is the best and funniest barman out there, the animation team Sara, Jenny, Pauline and Alexandro who were lovely, genuine and full of energy and made us feel part of the hotel from the first day. A tip for all is try to speak Spanish as much as possible, it's polite and the staff respond so well to it. The animation team are French and keen to improve their English so we had fun trying to speak to them in French and them responding in English. Aqua aerobics is a must with the guy I can't remember his name but it's hilarious and a good workout, when we left he had about 40 people doing it everyday with another 40 standing watching! The rooms are great room 432 was perfect with views of both the pool and the sea with a massive bed. Towels changed daily and rooms always spotless. The food was great, I don't understand the negative comments from others but some people just like to moan, there is something for everyone and the staff were all friendly and attentive. It was my boyfriends birthday when we were there and they put cava and a fruit platter in our room that day which was a lovely touch. We found it great value for money and honestly can't fault it. The hotel is as lively or quiet as you want it to be, we joined in on some daytime activities and had a laugh but you don't need to. We were sad to leave today and will miss the hotel and the staff mentioned above.

Room Tip: 432 was great, ask for pool view and or sea view. Our room was quiet it was just the neighbours bang...
2  Thank NikkiB40
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

dear Nikki,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about hotel Elba Carlota.
I am very hapy and proud to see you have had such a good time here with us.
I must admit that working with clients as yourself makes our job that much more satisfying and motivating.
I hop we may welcome you again very soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I have just returned from my holiday at the Elba Carlota.

I had a late availability booking after being let down by another travel company plus hotel ( in mainland Europe ) just days before departure.

So not having time to do much research ( something I always do normally ) and a huge desire to still go on holiday ---- I read the reviews here on Trip Advisor and took a chance on the Carlota.

I am really glad I did.

The hotel delivered everything I wanted. I wanted to be by the sea - the hotel is right on the beach. Just a short walk through the beautiful gardens (gardens were also on my wish-list).
The beach is lovely. Not all crowded when I was there.

There are also pools and sun beds if you don't always want the beach.

My room was very comfortable. It had everything I needed. Comfy bed. Lots of storage space. Reasonable choice of channels on TV. Fridge. Air con easy to use.
Very clean. Great service from the maid.
No problems at all - I was very happy with my room and bathroom.

I had a ground floor room with a small terrace which looked out through the gardens to the sea.
I loved using this as it give me a way to be out in the open but feel completely private as well.
I was looking for lots of peace and quiet and I got this in abundance at the Elba Carlota.
The hotel was full - but because it is very spacious I never felt it was crowded. ( It actually felt half empty to me at times ......... )

The food for a vegetarian was good. Lots of choice for making your own salads etc. and lots more choice if you aren't veggie. If I have any concern it would be to ask that other dishes be marked as suitable for vegetarians if they are.

I was very happy with my stay at this hotel and I have already rebooked for next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
6  Thank Vivien W

dear miss Vivien,

I would like to thank you for the kind words you have spoken about our hotel.
I am glad to see that the late availibility booking led you to hotel Elba Carlota, and that you have enjoyed your time here with us.
If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more enjyable, please do not hessitate to contact us!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We spent two weeks (13-27) in November 2013 at the Elba Carlota and enjoyed the experience so much that we will be re-booking shortly for a return trip early next year. The idea was to get away from the miserable British weather for a couple of weeks' winter sunshine and warmth. We certainly got that - and a lot more. The location of the hotel is perfect. It is a gentle 20 minute stroll into Caleta de Fuste, the shops, restaurants and bars and a further 5-10 minutes further round the bay to the harbour and lighthouse. In the opposite direction a mere 5 minutes to the Atlantico Shopping Centre, more bars and restaurants. The bonus is that it's also just a short hop from the airport (about 20 -30 minutes, depending on your mode of transport). The hotel provides comfort and relaxation but there is always something being organised by the animation team to keep you active and involved if that's what you and the family are looking for. We went "All Inclusive" and the all-round value for money was excellent. The quality and variety of food on offer was of a very good standard and the staff are extremely hard-working, efficient, helpful, friendly and customer-focused. Our only negative comment is that, on occasion, when the hotel was particularly busy, it was difficult to get a drink at the main bar (the Lobby Bar) prior to and immediately after dinner. We felt some additional resource to support the one or maximum two very hard-working bar staff would have made all the difference. All in all, a great break and one that we will definitely be repeating sooner rather than later.

Room Tip: A room on the gound floor is likely to be noisy and dark, given the surrounding foliage and proximit...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Wayne L

dear mister Wayne,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experiences in our hotel.
It is always a great pleasure and very satisfying to read such a positive review as yours.
I am also very happy to see you are planning to return soon.
I hope by now you are a member if our fidelity club, which gives you a lot of benefits and discounts, if not, please take a look on our website where you can aply for it!

I hope to see you again very soon,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Third time staying at this hotel.
Quite a lively holiday hotel that caters for families very well although we are an elderly couple.
If you are not keen on children perhaps this isn't for you.
One of our stays coincided with the French half-term holidays so it was quite noisy at meal times and round the pool.
But having said that, we've greatly enjoyed our visits
Rooms are excellent, hotel is kept very clean, the food, if anything, has improved since our last visit: great variety and the buffet style means you'd be hard put not to have a very enjoyable meal.
There is also a pool bar for all inclusive visitors which serves food and drink in unlimited amounts all day.
Location is great, just walk through the beautiful gardens at the back of the hotel and you're on the wide attractive promenade and the sea, great for bathing as they have built rocky breakwaters so as to form lagoons along the beach.
Staff are mostly pleasant and willing, though do seem a bit overworked at times.
All seem to speak enough English to understand what you want.

All in all a good , cosmopolitan, lively holiday hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for south facing room if you want sun on your balcony all day! The north side is shadier and of...
2  Thank saganaut

dear sir / madam,

I am very pleased to see that regular visitors as yourself write such a positive review.
I am also very happy that you say that we have improved for example the food in our restaurant, as we are always looking to improve our services.
Myself and all the staff are looking forward seeing you again for the fourth time!

Jose Rodriguez.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Very good location. Very polite and hospitalable staff. Very clean rooms. Close to the ocean. And amazing food! One of the best fishes I've ever had! Very good choice of breakfest dishes. International cousin.

6  Thank Asailor1968
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

dear sir / madam,

I would like to take this opertunity to thank you for writing a review about hotel Elba carlota.
I am happy to see you have apreciated our hotel, our staff and our services!
Myself and all the staff are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

we stayed here twice before the arrival of our eldest child. We have stayed twice more with her and we are booked to go in February for half term.

We've had sea view rooms and suites before and this time have booked a suit again as we will have a new baby as well.

As a safe place to go with young children allowing them access to a safe calm beach on the doorstep, children friendly choices on the buffet (don't worry there are no turkey twizlers but lots of cooked meats, salads etc for fussy children who like everything separate) as well as great food for the adults and good entertainment, friendly staff and perfectly located for the shops if you need to escape your loved ones, it really is superb.

we have stayed in a number of the Elba hotels but this is the best located on Fuerteventura and the staff are superb. The free wifi means that I can work in an evening in my room without worrying about finding a space in reception or having to leave my wife with the kids and really sets this place above others for me.

can't wait to see the staff again and wander the along the beach and in the gardens as well as update the family portrait in the gardens with our new addition.

as mentioned elsewhere, it's cheaper and easier to do your own transfer via taxi and miss the queues, the drivers will understand you if you only speak English so don't be scared.

Room Tip: pay the extra for a junior suite if you can, they are superb. Also join the elba club (available on...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Phil D

dear mister Phil,

Thank you very much for writing about your experiences in our hotel.
It is always a great pleasure and very satisfying to read such a positive review as yours, and
it motivates us a lot to see that you have been here before and even already booked your next stay!
I hope by now you are a member of our fidelity club, and do not forget to let us know in advance of your next stay in Februari if you have any (room)wishes we can try to fulfill for you!

Director.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Antigua
Hotel Elba Sara
#7 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste
29 mi away
Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura
Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real

Been to Hotel Elba Carlota? Share your experiences!