“A wonderful welcome back” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Elba Carlota

Hotel Elba Carlota
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Antigua
Stafford, United Kingdom
“A wonderful welcome back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

After trying to find a self catering apartment or villa in the location we liked in Caleta, Fuerteventura, we gave up and decided to go back to the Elba Carlota where we had spent a happy month a few years ago. After booking my husband asked if I had checked Tripadvisor to see if standards had slipped. I confessed I hadn't but went online to check. What struck me immediately was that for every comment there was a reply from the manager and the response to one comment re having tea making facilities was that when we arrived there was a well stocked tray and kettle. That's service. The hotel is as nice as we remember and the staff, as most contributors have commented, were more than helpful and so pleasant. The hotel rooms are spacious and well furnished and cleaning is of high standard and frequent. We had a room overlooking the edge of the restaurant and pool and had sun all day (when we got back from our daily constitutional) The food in the restaurant is of a high standard. I have a reputation for being a picky eater ( I deny it!) but each day I had a good choice. The TV now shows quite a few English channels - last time it was mainly BBC or Sky news so we were able to relax completely and that was what we needed after a particularly gruesome year in 2013. The location of the hotel just outside the town is ideal for a morning stroll and the completion of the new promenade will make the walk along the beach much easier. It is also close to the Atlantico shopping mall which also has a Spar shop to stock up on treats.Thank you Carlota staff for a relaxing and enjoyable stay and we hope to see you for a month in November when we plan on booking a Junior Suite to allow an even more relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are in sun for a good part of the day. Junior Suites have a settee and ar...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank LazyB64
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
dear madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experiences in our hotel.
I am very pleased to see your experiences here were so positive!
As we are always looking to improve,so I must admit I am proud to see that comming back showed you we have improved in many different ways!
If there is anything we can do for you to make your next visit in November even more enjoyable, please let us know!

Director.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (866)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay in Spain, the hotel was a fab choice. It's a really modern clean hotel with great views, the beach is only a few meters away. Would definitely stay here again no doubt about it.
Was very pleased with the food as I'm a fussy eater and vegetarian I sure stuffed myself that week.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Natalie C
dear miss natalie,

I would like to thank you for commenting on our hotel.
We have an average of 650 guests in our hotel, and we try to make each and every one happy and satisfied, which is not always an easy job.
That is for example why i am proud to see you say that as a vegetarian you enjoyed your meals in our reaturant.We always try to help and assist also in special ocasions, or for special wishes or diets, so it is good to see we have succeeded to make you happy.
Myslef and all the staf of hotel Elba Carlota are looking forward to your next stay here!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We had just the most fabulous time on our week stay at Elba Carlotta. Our little one Luca just loved all the attention from staff, hotel visitors, people of Caletta du fuste. Majority of staff were warm, welcoming and very hardworking. The Animation team especially Melissa were fun and encouraging. We choose the Carlotta as we wanted an all inclusive hotel, near the beach, by a supermarket(for babystuff) and stones throw from the airport. Food was yummy and varied, room great (although after a windy night the balcony in room 553 seemed precarious) forgot to mention checking out. Will definetly be back with family and extended family. Loved being round lots of older people(hilarious!) also out of season not to noisy yet; as our little one made enough noise for the whole hotel. You made it all very easy for us. P.S Most taxi's in Caletta have car seats for 1yr and over so no need to bring your own or even book an additional transfer. We are well travelled internationally for work and pleasure and without doubt found the people here some of the the warmest all round, from taxi's to hotel staff.

Room Tip: We had a room opposite Atlantico sign(not great view)-but lovely sun trap in afternoons with additio...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank joyce w
dear miss Joyce,

Thank you very much for writing about your experiences in our hotel.
I am very happy to see you and your family have enjoyed yourselves here with us,
and that you have apreciated our hotel, our services and our staff.
We are all looking forward to your next stay here with us, dont wait too long!

Nykobing Falster, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

We have been in Elba Carlotta 4 times, it is a very excellent hotel. We will come back. The personale ist very kindly and extremely helpfull. We decide to take half board and it was very good. Once we tried all inclusive, but for us, it was too much.

Room Tip: The rooms I and my parents have lived in, has always been excellent.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 Thank britt2001
dear sir / madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about hotel Elba Carlota.
It is always a great pleasure and very motivating to read such a positive review.
And for you to say that all inclusive is too much, I take that as a compliment!
Myself and all the staff are looking forward to see you again soon,

Belgrade
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We have just returned from an 11 nights stay at the Elba Carlota (06/01/14 to 17/01/14)

Here are my comments:

The hotel was advertised as a 5* but it is actually a 4*

The entertainment was ok (we found it good that they have a mini club for children trough out the day and early evening)

The children's pool was only heated for a few days and after that was too cold to enter

THE FOOD WAS DISGUSTING...! EVEN IF THIS HOTEL WAS ACTUALLY A 1* I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT. ALL FOODS ARE A COMBINATION OF PREPACKED, PICKLED, OR FROZEN. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS FRESH AND UNLESS YOU REALLY DONT MIND EATING FROZEN VEGGIES ALL THE TIME DO NOT GO ALL INCLUSIVE TO THIS HOTEL.

Everything else was acceptable... for a 4* hotel All the staff are really nice..!
This is the first time I find myself writing a review particularly of this nature.. We really are not so particular with food but I cannot stress enough how disappointing it was for both me and my wife.. and the only reason we endured it most of the time was that we had our child with us and could not go to outside in the evening to eat. I will be writing also to the www.hotelselba.com to ask if this kind of food is the norm across the other hotels in their group.
I feel so strongly that this hotel has let itself down with its F&B that I cannot rate it more than a 1* and this is basically because of the food and nothing else.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank legepe
dear sir,

Let me start of by informing you that hotel Elba Carlota is a four star hotel, not a five star, we do not advertise that.
I think it is a real pitty you did not let us know any of your concerns whilst here, instead you write a review like this from your house, not really fair.
If you would have discussed the matters with a member of the direction team, we could have for example informed you that our food indeed is fresh!We prepare our food new on a daily base.
We have an average ocupation of 650 guests, and obviously it is difficult to please every single one of them, which most of the time is a quistion of personal tastse, and not the quiality of the food. I am sorry you failed to understand.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

My partner and I just got back from a 4 night stay(January 2014) at the Hotel Elba Carlota.
We booked to stay in a Junior Suite overlooking the sea.
Room comments:
The room (462)was really spacious with a massive balcony, which had 2 sunbeds which meant we could just sunbathe on our balcony and not have to sit around the pool. We also booked a junior suite as it has a Jacuzzi, which was real bonus as well as a walk in shower. The room also has a separate sitting area with sofa if you like to watch tv. The room was really good, housekeeping came everyday and on 2 of the days when we got back from dinner, the housekeeping team made up our bed and left some chocolate for us, which was a nice gesture. We went there to celebrate my birthday, on my actual birthday, a staff member knocked on the door and gave us a bottle of of brut, a plate of fruit and 2 bottles of water, which came with a card which was very sweet. The only negative about the room is that 2 lamps were broken ( we think they needed a new bulb) which meant the room was very dark. We told reception however the lights remained unfixed whilst we were there.
Food comments:
We decide to opt for half board. Breakfast had the usual, fresh bread, yogurt, cereal , hot food etc. I mainly had the bread which was nice. The things to stay away from is the cooked sausages as they tasted awful and the freshly squeezes orange juice wasn't great either.
Dinner was more or less the same each night, however there were some changes each night and we did enjoy it. We had soft drinks which were 2.20 euro each for a glass which isn't bad but not really worth the price.
Reception comments:
We found the reception staff to be extremely helpful, Gabriel in particular was very friendly.
Pool/Activities comments:
The pool was freezing however it is to be expected in January. I actually found the sea warmer. There is a gate pass the swimming pool which gives access straight to the beach. My partner did the archery and said it was ok. There is a games room, we played pool one night which was fun. They also have a tennis court, which you can leave a deposit and hire the rackets and they have a indoor ping pong table.
As a young couple in their twenties, it was a very relaxing holiday however there were loads of older people which meant many activities didn't run as not many people would get involved. However we wanted a relaxing holiday and so we preferred to be around older people instead of children running around, though this may not suit everyone.
Overall I would say it is a decent hotel to stay in. The weather isn't great in January as it rained, though there were some sunny spots and I was able to come home with a tan.

Room Tip: If your looking for a suite with a good view, I would recommend room 462 as there are 2 sunbeds on t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Liz984
dear sir / madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
As I always say, it is a great pleasure to read posisite reviews like yours, it really motivates myself and our staff to continue giving the best service as possible, as that is what we are here for.
I hope by now you have joined our fidelity club, if not, please take a look on our website to aply, because it is free and you would have a lot of benefits and discounts for a next stay here or in any other Elba hotel.
I hope to see you again soon,

The Hague, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I went to this hotel with my 3 year old daughter in January 2014 (since my husband had to work and our 6 months old was too little for this trip). There were only elderly people, very few other children, the animation team (like 10 people) mainly entertained each other and refused to try and gather the few kids and do a fun activity with them. Our table at the restaurant was cleared and given to other people when we went to the toilet. Upon my official complaint, the restaurant manager refused to apologize. In one word: terrible.

Stayed January 2014
3 Thank CCvdG271
dear madam,

Thank you for the review about hotel Elba Carlota.
Obviously I can say I am not happy to read your comments and the title of the review.
It is a shame you did not let a member of the direction team know your concerns, as there is always one of us on duty to help and assist you wherever you need.
We get praised over and over again for our animation team and their activeties and shows, so it really surprises me you speak about them in a negetive way.
In the month of januari there are no schoolholidays, so that for you will not find many children in our, or any, hotel at time. Just a thought for the next time you go on holidays, wherever it will be.

Director.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antigua
Hotel Elba Sara
Barcelo Corralejo Bay
#6 of 46 in Corralejo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,197 reviews
Occidental Jandia Playa

Been to Hotel Elba Carlota? Share your experiences!