Hotel Elba Carlota
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel Elba Sara(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa El Descanso(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Restaurant
Eurostars Las Salinas(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Restaurant
Club Caleta Dorada(Caleta de Fuste)
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Hotel Elba Palace Golf(Caleta de Fuste)
Great 4.5/5
Barcelo Castillo Royal Level(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort(Caleta de Fuste)
4,386 results
All reviewselba carlotaanimation teamshopping centrepool areasea viewlovely hotelbar staffthemed nightsplenty of sunbedsevening showshalf boardplenty of choicemain restaurantcourtesy roomflight pathsmall shoppingfish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Arrived 18th feb for 1 week ,we have 3 boys ages 9 8 and 4 we all had a fab holiday. The weather was bit cloudy at times but that didn't matter as there was so much to do in the hotel. The "animators" were fantastic with the kids and adults alike. We had great fun with Fabian, Jenny and Alejandro especially. Mine didn't use the kids club everyday as there is lots going on around the pool to keep them entertained too i.e table tennis,pool,playground, tennis . Food was excellent but after day 4 we got a bit sick of eating in the hotel and took a stroll into the town of Rosario 15 mins away where there are a few shops and restaurants, making sure to be back by 830pm so as not to miss the kids disco and show! The hotel is clean and rooms are of a good standard ,entire staff couldn't have been more helpful and the entertainment team probably made our holiday. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Lucylopez
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

dear sir / madam,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to wriete a review about hotel Elba Carlota.
I am very happy to see that you and your family have enjoyed your holiday here with us.
I hope by now you have aplied for a fidelity card to become a member of our club.
If not please take a look on our website to do so, as it might be very interesting for you, being able to get many discounts and benefits.
Myself and all the staff are looking forward to your next holiday here with us!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

the only negative thing about this hotel was that check in was not until 3pm but they gave us our all inclusive bands so we could have drinks and food while we waited which made up for it in the end, even though I just wanted to get in my bikini and jump straight in the pool as it was one of the nicest days while we were there.
but we cannot blame the weather on anyone else but mother nature herself!
I was very impressed with the room - it was lovely and clean the beds got made everyday and new towels which is impressive considering the size of the hotel. they were also great and reasonable priced when I asked for champagne and a cake to be delivered to the room for my other half's birthday, as they gave the champs (cava) complimentary!! yay!

the pool is a little cold but I did go in November, it is windy on this island so if that bothers you don't go to Fuerteventura.
There are a few cats floating about. There are plenty of sun loungers and its nice to sunbathe on the balcony of the room as it blocks the wind. the hotel is on the beach and that's lovely to walk down, there is a nice beach hut which you can go eat and drink (not part of the hotel)
The food is very good at this hotel! we ate breakfast, lunch and dinner hear most meal times. they have cooks there too so if you want meats more well done then they can do that for you and make fresh fried eggs for breakfast, lots of food and tea options.

if I could move the beach and the hotel to somewhere a little warmer for the time that we went and somewhere that had a little more night life then I would defiantly stay again.. hands down! also there is a half decent shopping centre with arcade, supermarket and nice clothes shops. x

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Trudy B

dear miss Trudy,

I would like to thank you for writing about your experiences here in hotel Elba Carlota.
I am very happy and pleased to read that those experiences were so positive.
We ty to do our best to make all of our custmers happy, so I am glad to see you have apreciated the little detail for your partners birthday.
Myself and all the staff are looking forward to your next stay here with us, please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can do to make it even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Food cold a lot of times and very repetitive 4* at a push. nice beer and staff though who worked tirelessly. Golf course next to hotel which the pensioners seemed to enjoy, music and atmosphere in lounge bar was very dull which suited the elderly. Good barmen though. Will not return.

Room Tip: Don't have 476
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

dear mister Dean,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
It seems that our hotel was not what you expected and I am sorry to see that, but I think most of your concerns are because of misunderstandings.
We have two bars open during the night, the bar with entertainment, music and shows, and the Lobby bar which is more quiet and relaxing. I do not understand that if you find the Lobby bar dull, you would not have gone to the other one.
The taste of food is ofcourse very personal, but we have a full two week changing menu with more than 4 theme nights a week, so repetitive it is certainly not.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We've been visiting this hotel since it was firstbuilt. Perople ask us why but it's fair to say that none of the guests I spoke to whilst we were there would be asking that question. I know that some have already booked to go again.

This was the first time we've been in a school holiday week as my eldest is now of school age however we still had a great holiday and my eldest wants to know why we can't live there.

We departed on the 15th. This turned out to be one of the wettest weeks the island has had for years. On returning we heard many stories of boredom and misery but the guests at the Carlota were not complaining.

On arrival we went to our junior suite. I needed internet for work during the week and the signal in our first room was not good enough. The hotel moved us to a room with a better signal without a quibble. Please bear in mind that the wifi is free and is available in the reception bar area for all, some rooms also benefit from a good signal.

The room was immaculate and the junior suite worked well for us with one young child and a baby though when they are older we may need a pair of adjoining rooms.

The weather was cold and wet and it would have been tempting to hog the bar, but the hotels own entertainers and the French holiday company, FRAM's, entertainers worked tirelessly to keep all the guests entertained.

Kids club was superb with malissa from the hotel and and jenni from fram stealing my daughters heart, she didn;'t want to go back to school but stay with them. There were 5 childrens reps, all excellent and all working tirelessly in the conditions to keep the children entertained.

Adults were catered for too with bar games, quizzes, shooting, archery, dancing etc etc...it was far better than ever before. the fram guys really added to the experience treating their own guests and non French guests equally and welcoming us into their family.

on an evening the mini disco was excellent and really involved all the children. on a couple of evenings my daughter ate with the kids club reps which she loved and despite the language barriers had a wonderful time, much better than with her boring parents.

after kids club there was adult dancing for half an hour when the reps would guide fans of strictly through various dances, before the main shows started.

though we loved the shows from external companies we really rated the entertainment team's own. there were 3 home grown evenings and they were excellent, perhaps more enjoyable because the stars were te guys we'd been playing volleyball with earlier and they all stayed around for dancing etc afterwards.

the food was very good. for my sins I'm currently following slimmers world. the range of food was excellent and enabled me to eat really well but not go too far off plan (though the lemon and coconut ice-cream was too tempting to resist)

having a buggy with us we really noticed the accessibility this time. the hotel has really embrased this having reserved seating for disabled guests and being wheelchair friendly. A number of guests had their own chairs and now that the walkway through to the main part of caleta de fusta is finished, you would not be marooned.

because the weather was poor we really noticed the quality of the hotel. It really is good and well worth visiting and yes, i'll hope to be writing another report next year.

Room Tip: mid afternoon snacks at aricife bar are more junk food style (burgers hot dogs etc) but are actually really good so if you're missing a burger fix try one there. wifi was great in 317 and non existent in 362 so got for rooms on the north half of the hotel if you need wifi.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Phil D

dear mister Phil,

Thank you so much for the detailed and positive review you have submitted about hotel Elba Carlota.
From your words I can really tell you have been here before, as you describe our hotel, our services and our staff into the smallest details, very thoughtfull, thank you.
I am pleased you mention things like our staff treating al the guests in the same way, and the accessibility for buggys and wheelchairs, as those for examle are two points we try to take good care of.
Having visited us so many times before, it is a real honour that you keep comming back to us! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay here with us even more enjoyable!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have just come back form a stay at the Elba carlota = fantastic, if you have children this is perfect, even if you dont they cater for all. The food was also very good and well presented.

The animation team- Stephan , Fabio ,Alexehandjo Melisa, Jenny, Sarah, Dylan there were others sorry for forgetting were all brillaint and were a delight to be around.

The only niggle was our room backed onto a car park which if we had asked im sure they would have moved us, but what time you spend in your room the was no problems.

The bar staff were also very helpful and friendly working hard so you didnt have to wait.

definitely will be going back.

Room Tip: Ask about fidelity card
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

dear miss Tina,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your holidays here in our hotel.
I am very pleased to see you speak so positiverly about us, and will make sure the rest of the staff will read your review as well, because ot is a great motivation for them.
Myself and te rest of the members of staff are looking forward to your next visit.

Joase Rodríguez.