“We will return..”
Review of Hotel Elba Carlota

Hotel Elba Carlota
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at the start of April for 10 nights when we arrived we was very impressed by the hotel from the start...
Very helpful reception staff as my daughter has special needs and one of her medical machines was broken.... The reception staff were very helpful and helped me with it all as obviously there is a language barrior...Anyway it all got sorted thanks to their help.
The pool area was always clean and tidy, the restaurant was good and the food was fine too, although my son is really fussy and there wasn't much for him. Maybe my only fault there could be with the restaurant is there weren't much choice for children...(fussy ones). My other son was fine as he will try anything...
The rooms were a really good size and easily fitted my daughters wheelchair in...the only downside I can say is that the rooms on some days were made up way too late (after 4pm) not everyday but it was annoying when you go back to your room and its not ready....
The pool was nice but it lacked a little atmosphere. They did a few things around the pool area but then turned the music off. It would of been nice for them to leave the music on, not full blast just as a background. I did ask but got told they couldn't....it is more than likely down to the odd complaint, but the complainers should be told to sunbathe elsewhere as there are plenty of areas for people who want silence.....the music would of only covered the children shouting and playing a bit anyway.
The entertainment was ok but spoiled a little by the venue it was in....there wasn't enough seats and not the best show room...When the entertainment team were doing the shows they were good and that room was better but no bar, although you did get a drink on arrival. The kids club seemed good my boys went a couple of times and enjoyed it when they did go....
Overall we enjoyed the holiday and being a review I've picked a lot.
The major problem I did have is around the pool could of been more fun and lacked something.....by day 5 I was getting bored of it..... but I'm not a sun worshipper and I like something to watch and listen to....
We would return as like I said before the hotel itself is lovely and the staff were helpful too.....

Room Tip: sea view rooms aren't really sea view....they are all pool view....
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

dear miss Angela,

I would like to thank you for the review you have submitted about our hotel on this site.
I am happy to see we could help you out with anything you needed whilst here.
I will certainly take note of your comments, and I am happy to inform you that for example we are working on a bar in the big evening entertainment room.
Also maybe a good idea for a next stay with us, if you would like to have your room cleaned at a certain hour, just let us know and we will be more than happy to fulfill your request.
I hope to may welcome you again very soon!

Jse Rodríguez.
Director.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,239)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was our third visit to the Hotel Elba Carlota and yet again they exceeded our expectations.
The staff are always welcoming especially the Public Relations Manager. Nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is always clean and tidy, always plenty of people to help and very rarely queue at any of the bars or dining room.
Great variety of food every day and always plenty of it.
The entertainment / animation team are always fun & friendly and always put on great shows for all ages.
Can't wait for next march when we will be back to sit back, relax and enjoy this great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Haley P

dear miss Haley,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel.
It is always a great pleasure to see such positive comments about our hotel, our services and our staff, especially comming from a returning guest as yourself!
Myself and all the rest of the staff are looking forward to your next stay in March!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We loved this hotel and the area, the pool was great even if a little on the cool side, it didn't bother the kids. The food was fab lots to choose from and well cooked. The kids had plenty to do even the 16 year old was entertained. We had a connection room so we all had plenty of room, the only draw back was the trucks arriving early in the morning and it is on the flight path so the planes are very low over the hotel, we knew this as it is only a 15 minute taxi ride from the airport and it cost 13 euros and it wasn't really a problem.,

1  Thank mary86

dear miss Mary,

Thank you very much for your feedback about hotel Elba Carlota.
I am happy to see that you and your family have enjpyed your stay here with us.
And I am even more happy to see you have decided to come back in such a special period as christmas!
If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please let us know!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We have been here a few times now and its always been good but this was near perfect.

We asked for and got a sea view and it was a really chilled out week. I can't believe that people knock this place, what do people expect ?

Firstly the place is spotless and the room was cleaned to a very high standard with regular linen changes and clean towels. The staff couldn't have been friendlier and the although it was busy it didn't fell crowded at all.

The food was the best we've had in any hotel in Feurteventura and we've been coming here for years. The variety was amazing. Again how can people complain about this ?

We met the manager who is new and this guy never stops, down by the pool at 10am, at reception at 10pm and back in the restaurant at 9am. This is one very focused manager who is well on top of his game.

So all in all it was near perfect, the downside and there always is one is sunbeds. There are rules about not booking beds and they are ignored. First day all the beds were booked with towels and very few taken by 10:30 I went to reception and asked for 2 sunbeds, they sent me down to see the lifeguard who wasn't willing to remove towels so we had to do without until a family moved later in the day. If the manager reads this, please do something about it, how hard can it be to put in a token system or just buy enough beds for everybody. So rant over I've given it 5 stars and it genuinly deserves it, everyone was going the extra mile and the staff never stopped. Back in October, can't wait !!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob M

dear sir / adam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experiences in our hotel.
I am very pleased to see that those experiences were so positive!
We always ask our clients to give us their feedback about our hotel, our services and our staff, as we are always looking to improve. Your comments will also help us to do that, thank you very much and we are all looking forward seeing you again in October!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is medium sizd and therefore is very personable. the pool areas are large, the beach is great and right out the back of the hotel.

When I arrived my room was late in being made available but after that everything was perfect. The food is well presented and excellently prepare and the waiting staff were very friendly and attentive. the room s wer good, clean but perhaps could have had a greater variety of TV.

the bars were great, J Luis on the main bar was excellent and a top barman and the young lady in the pool bar certainly put a shift in.

As I normally travel on my own I found this to be a very friendly and hospitable destination. Certainly it also seemed ideal for families and couples.

I will return, however thereseems to be few places through UK travel agents, perhaps booking direct is the way to go.

thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank MrScotsman

dear mister Scotsman,

Thank you very much for your review about our hotel.
I am very pleasedto see yu ou have enjyed your holiday here with us.
I am happy to inform you that as I am writing this message, our maintanance staff are changing the televisions in the hotel, and we will get a lot of new tv channels as well.
Booking directly is always an option, if you need any help or if you have any requests, please do not hessitate to contact us!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I promised myself I would write a review as I was not looking forward to this holiday....

Myself, partner and 16 year old daughter stayed here for 9 nights.

Room faced the see and a main road (216) and as others have said, I was woken each morning by lorries reversing, saying that, it wasn't a big problem and there was nothing the hotel could do about it. You couldn't see much of the sea ( trees blocked the view ) but it wasn't requested and therefor didn't bother us.

The food wasn't the hottest as others have said but it was fresh and if you waited a minute or two you could take it as it was cooked... I have to say at no time did I think it was cold it just wasn't the hottest and definitely did not put me off. There was plenty to choose from and even though we were there during school break there was always a table available.

The staff were friendly, nothing was too much and they were very attentive.

There were a lot of sunbeds with towels on even though there were signs saying you shouldn't, I experience this in every hotel I go to so again this wasn't a big issue.

There are planes flying overhead, my advice would be that if this bothers you, book a hotel away from an airport...

Location was excellent, beach excellent and lovely soft sand. The harbour is 20 - 25 minutes walk away. Shopping centre is just next door though there aren't many shops (which is good for us men).

Weather: 10-10
Staff: 8.5-10
Relaxation: 10-10 and here is where I will finish, it has been some years since we have stayed anywhere and were as relaxed as we where during our stay at the Elba Carlota and we go away 2 - 3 times a year and always choose more expensive hotels some with higher star rating. This is one of the few hotels we will definitely be returning to.

PS. Some of the comments about this hotel makes me question if they are commenting about a different hotel.

6  Thank Steve H

dear mister Steve,

I really want to thank you for taking the time to wriete a review about hotel Elba Carlota.
You say you were not looking forward to this holiday, but you end with writing that we are one of the few hotels you would return to, reading this makes me really proud of our staff and the services we provide.
It shows me we have succeeded to achieve our goal: for our guests to enjoy themselves and to make them want to come back.
If you have any requests for your next stay here with us, please just let us know!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We returned a week ago from our holiday at this hotel. We were apprehensive before travelling because of the negative reviews we had read. However, we found the hotel was very clean, the bedrooms were large and comfortable with the tea/coffee making facilities an added bonus, the staff were all very friendly, polite and helpful and we found the food to be varied and enjoyable. We enjoyed our holiday very much.

Room Tip: A lot of the rooms don't get sun on the balcony and we think the lower floors could be noisier...
5  Thank Andrew B

dear mister Andrew,

Thank you vry much for your review about our hotel.
I really apreciate the fact of you writing your comments after reading some negative ones to state the difference, it is very much apreciated!
I hope by now you are a member of our fidelity club, if not, please take a look on our website to apply, as it can offer you a lot of discounts and benefits, usefull for your next stay here with us!

Director.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Antigua
Hotel Elba Sara
Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura
Barcelo Castillo Royal Level
Barcelo Castillo Royal Level
#2 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste

Been to Hotel Elba Carlota? Share your experiences!