We stayed at Pension Hoffelner for 6 nights in July. We decided to stay here after reading all the positive Tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. Our room was lovely, spotlessly clean with a fantastic view from the wrap-around balcony. Breakfast was excellent, the freshly baked rolls delicious - and we were pleased to find that you could make your own filled rolls (sandwich bags provided) for just over 1 euro to make a packed lunch – great for walkers! We also made use of the free internet terminal in the lounge to check emails. This was great as we didn't bring a laptop.
Rob and Joanna are great hosts and made us feel at home straight away. They are both very knowledgeable about the local attractions and walks (the main reason for our visit) and had great suggestions for places to visit, some of which we would have otherwise missed.
As we visited during the summer, our room rate included the 'Summercard' which gives totally free access to buses, cable cars, guided walks, museums, swimming pools etc and discounts off other attractions/activities – we saved loads of euros using them. As an example, cardholders are entitled to a free return ride on the Dachstein cable car which is normally 32 euros per adult. These cards are not available to buy – you can only get them if you are staying at an affiliated hotel like Pension Hoffelner. A family using the Summercard would save a substantial amount of money.
Other things we did included 'Wild Wasser' which is an amazing waterfall walk (with vertigo-inducing bridge across the gorge), Cable car to Hochwurzen (and go-kart back down – great fun!), and a visit to the Eisriesenwelt Ice Cave (largest in Europe).
There are a number of good restaurants in Ramsau, which is a 15 minute walk away. There are also two supermarkets (Spar and Bila) close by. We also drove into Schladming a couple of evenings which is about 10 minutes by car. Schladming has many restaurants and cafes to choose from and is a nice place for an evening stroll.
We're not skiers, but when Rob told us how great the winter walking is in the area – there is a chance we will be back in the winter! All in all a fab time was had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can be assured of a warm welcome at the Pension Hoffelner which is situated in a stunning location, featuring panoramic mountain views. Stylish, comfortable, recently renovated accommodation, extensive facilities, fantastic food, excellent service, a friendly atmosphere and hosts whose main concern is that you have the very best holiday experience, make this accommodation a great choice. The perfect base for a winter of summer holiday. Located Just 1 hour from Salzburg in the pretty alpine village of Ramsau am Dachstein, on a high and sunny plateau above the resort of Schladming & at the foot of the majestic Dachstein. Flexible accommodation - en-suite rooms & self catering Apartments available, offering breakfast during the summer season and half board in the winter season. The Schladming-Dachstein "Summer Card Partner Hotel" - is included in Summer Rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pension Hoffelner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension Hoffelner Hotel Ramsau Am Dachstein
- Hoffelner Hotel Ramsau
- Pension Hoffelner Austria/Ramsau Am Dachstein