I have recently visited this lovely Pension with a group of 30 persons, all adults. On arriving Joanna & Rob where waiting to greet us and show us to our rooms. I can not imagine anybody being dassapointed , nobody within our group was. All the rooms are spotlessly clean and have excellent facilities, I believe most if not all had T.V's, our appartment (Apt 2) had 2 , including a DVD player. Our bathrooms looked like it had been recently refurbished, had lovely showers and plenty of hot water, a quality hairdryer was also fitted.
Evening meal was served at 7pm we had the luxury of tucking in to a 3 course meal accompanied with free wine. Red and White was available and I never heard one person complain about the quality.
Each morning Joanna would place the eveing menu on a board so we had an idea of what was coming, and should anybody feel they may not enjoy what was on offer then it was possible to request an alternative subject to the chefs agreement.
Breakfast was served at 8am and was continental, Cereal's Toast , Rolls, Jam, Ham & Cheese, boiled eggs every other day. Everyday by request.
The chalet has a no shoes policy , I recommend you take your own slippers , most floors are hardwood.
Entertainment wise the chalet has a nice Pool table (1 euro), Free Wi-fi available throughout, I-Pod docking station,Sat TV (BBC World News) DVD , the TV also has a USB port enabling films to be played direrct via a USB Memory Stick.
The bar , open until 12pm sells a Large Lager for 3 Euros 20 cents. Rob & Joanna operate a room based tab which you settle at the end of the holiday. You may drink after 12pm , however you need to order before closing time , so the staff can go to bed.
Rob organised lifts to the ski station and with us having the whole chalet was happy to do 3 mini bus loads down and return. However these start at 8.45am and 9.15am. Should you wish to be picked up again this needs to be organised beforehand, normally we were collected by Rob at around 4.30pm/5pm. Should we wish to stay in Shladming at apres ski until 6pm for example, then we needed to get a taxi ourselves , this ranged from 17 -29 Euros for a 8 seater.
With not being close to the main slopes some of the group, who traditionally enjoy apres ski time found this a bit limiting, as arrangements often had to be made early with regards pick up times.
The ski slopes in Shladming did not dissapoint, I have personally skied in most of the top resorts in Europe and Shladming has plenty to offer, most lifts are express chairs, often heated. The slopes are mainly north west facing and keep good snow. We skied in late January and the slopes were quiet and well groomed.
Rob & Joanna were very helpful organising ski hire , ski lessons, ski passes and offered me much advice with regards booking restaurants on the staff night off and other activities. Joanna was also was very helpful in providing invoices to help sort an insurance claim for a skier who sadly was unable to make the trip due to a broken leg.
Being the organiser of our group I fully understand that you can not please everyone all the time. Rob & Joanna run a clean efficient & some might say tight ship.
I recommend Taxi Hubner if you require return transfers. They are based in the village and also offered me a great rate on a 35 Seater Bus, ideal for the group of 30.
Best bit : Everything works as advertised.
Worst bit. 2 Euros for the afternoon slice of cake :-(
I would definitly go again.
I have rated the location as average based solely on the locality to the main slopes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can be assured of a warm welcome at the Pension Hoffelner which is situated in a stunning location, featuring panoramic mountain views. Stylish, comfortable, recently renovated accommodation, extensive facilities, fantastic food, excellent service, a friendly atmosphere and hosts whose main concern is that you have the very best holiday experience, make this accommodation a great choice. The perfect base for a winter of summer holiday. Located Just 1 hour from Salzburg in the pretty alpine village of Ramsau am Dachstein, on a high and sunny plateau above the resort of Schladming & at the foot of the majestic Dachstein. Flexible accommodation - en-suite rooms & self catering Apartments available, offering breakfast during the summer season and half board in the winter season. The Schladming-Dachstein "Summer Card Partner Hotel" - is included in Summer Rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Pension Hoffelner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension Hoffelner Hotel Ramsau Am Dachstein
- Hoffelner Hotel Ramsau
- Pension Hoffelner Austria/Ramsau Am Dachstein