Firstly, I had a great week staying here...
Best bits...Very helpful prior to arrival, excellent range of facilities, good rooms, very clean, very reasonable meals, Rob will go out of his way to help you, good shuttle runs down to the slopes daily reducing the issue of the location
Bad parts...Joanna can be unwelcoming, you are made to feel like you are intruding on someone's home, often not a comfortable atmosphere. There are house rules that should not be crossed, for example if you stretch over the hour and a half allocated for your three "inclusive" glasses of wine during the meal you will be charged despite still sitting at the dinner table finishing the meal as happened to a member of our group when 15 minutes too late to ask for it. If a customer gets it slightly wrong is it really a big loss if you let them have it a little late rather than making them feel embarrassed to ask? This is not the only example but one that has popped into my mind.
There are a number of "extra charges" including the pool table and the worst being for a sauna. Why provide facilities and then charge multiple extras for their use, especially when not mentioned on the advert.
Overall a most enjoyable week, sadly unlikely to return for repeat custom because of the little extras and never truly felt like I was a paying guest on a holiday. I wouldn't expect to be allowed to run free but some leeway/customer service is surely part of the holiday experience.
If you choose to stay here make sure you're prepared to stick to the rules and cause little fuss. If you fancy a holiday with plenty of flexibility, for example if you have a family that may require a little bit extra...this may not be the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can be assured of a warm welcome at the Pension Hoffelner which is situated in a stunning location, featuring panoramic mountain views. Stylish, comfortable, recently renovated accommodation, extensive facilities, fantastic food, excellent service, a friendly atmosphere and hosts whose main concern is that you have the very best holiday experience, make this accommodation a great choice. The perfect base for a winter of summer holiday. Located Just 1 hour from Salzburg in the pretty alpine village of Ramsau am Dachstein, on a high and sunny plateau above the resort of Schladming & at the foot of the majestic Dachstein. Flexible accommodation - en-suite rooms & self catering Apartments available, offering breakfast during the summer season and half board in the winter season. The Schladming-Dachstein "Summer Card Partner Hotel" - is included in Summer Rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Pension Hoffelner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension Hoffelner Hotel Ramsau Am Dachstein
- Hoffelner Hotel Ramsau
- Pension Hoffelner Austria/Ramsau Am Dachstein