There is not much else that can be said that hasn't been said already about these apartments. They really are that good. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the Adriatic. Stunning. Very clean and reasonably well equipped apartment, but, as one reviewer suggested, bring your own pillows. We did! Very importantly, the apartment had effective and quiet air-conditioning.
Nice owners who gave us a welcome drink on arrival but they don't speak english very well.
One warning. Be careful of the steps down to the pool. They do not have yellow lines painted on the edge. I fell off one and hurt myself quite badly, but the owners were very attentive, so don't let that put you off these wonderful apartments.
Great restaurant just at the top of the steep drive. Good food and cheap (or at least it was before Croatia entered the EU.
With regard to the area, you need a car. We had one and don't know what we would have done without it. Dubrovnik is a lovely place, is close by and worth a trip. Great ice cream.
We went to Bosnia for a day trip but had not been warned by the hire company that it was the law to have headlights on at all times. This resulted in a €20 on the spot fine. No flexibility shown by the cop which made us suspicious that it is a tourist rip-off. We got stopped again later on for no apparent reason and as the cop didn't speak English I don't think he could be bothered dealing with us so let us go. A bad day in Bosnia meant we just left the country. Putting tourists off in this way must affect their economy more than getting a bit of extra foreign currency through fines.
I can highly recommend Marnic Apartments, the area and the prices. We had a lovely holiday overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amazing Accommodations, in the Dubrovnik Region! With all modern conveniences at a fraction of the cost. Close to the historic and famous Old Town of Dubrovnik and the quaint little town of Cavtat. We have a large variety of accommodations to fit your needs, we have it all, rooms, studios, apartments, bungalow, A/C, Satellite T.V. Great views of the Adriatic Sea, crystal clear pool and lots of parking. Come and visit us soon! Minutes away from the Cilipi Airport... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, LoveHolidays, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Marnic Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marnic Apartments Hotel Mlini
- Marnic Apartments Mlini, Croatia