“Great B&B and amazing breakfast”
Review of La Petite France

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alberton
La Petite France
Ranked #2 of 4 Alberton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed there just for one night and I loved it! The house is beautiful, the room very comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. Plus they opened a restaurant / bakery attached to the house... It was like being in France! If you are visiting the area, I highly recommand this beautiful B&B

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TravelCanada12

Reviewed 14 July 2013

My wife & I came across this B&B while wandering in the area, and consider it a highlight of our vacation in PEI. Lots of character to the rooms. (Lots of room details in other reviews.) The first breakfast wowed us, and the rest were of the same calibre. Hubert & Michelle were great hosts, with Hubert being the main host, wonderfully attentive and helpful. Hubert's baking skills are superb, and so their little Chez Cartier restaurant adjoining the B&B is a treasure, to savour your meal. You won't find burgers and fries here, but everything we tried on the small menu was excellent. Just ignore your diet. And if you stock up on french pastries such as the Petit Pain Chocolat, consider eating all of them early in your cycling day trip before they get beat up in your pack. The baguettes are much more durable - and not nearly as bad for you. There are only a four rooms here, but all are up on the 2nd floor, so consider this if you don't do stairs well, or your luggage is big & heavy. We would be delighted to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveCgy
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My boyfriend and I took a chance on La Petite France and we're so glad we did. When we drove up we were happy to see that the house is on a quiet side street of the sleepy town of Alberton, PEI.

First, I'll comment on the great cafe that they have beside the B&B :
It is pretty much the only restaurant we found on PEI that had more vegetarian options than meat ones (although they did have a hearty looking grilled ham and cheese).

For dinner we chose to eat there and indulged in a homemade vegetable bisque to start, my honey went with the veggie quiche and I had the onion pie, both came with salad and freshly made dressing. Everything was gourmet quality, freshly cooked and perfectly seasoned, yet not at all pretentious or over done.

We sat outside on the patio with a weighted table cloth and beautifully accented linen and silverware. Hubert, the owner served us with ease and answered all our questions about the food. For dessert we had a (my mouth salivates at the memory) apricot with peach and custard square and a rhubarb yogurt cream mini pie.

The house is great. It's heritage, with fun accents inside like a old fashioned fisherman's rope as a banister to hold onto going up the stairs.

There is a main living room and game room set up for the guests of the B&B. The owners area is in a totally separate area. In our living area there were book lined shelves, a television, multiple couches and a mini fridge.

The bedroom we chose was the Lorraine. It was a decent size for two people with a view of their garden and a private bathroom. Little touches make all the difference, for us it was the wine glasses with the dark chocolate beside the bed...delightful! The bed had a beautiful white, summer light quilt on it, the linen with fresh and crisp and I slept like a rock, so did my better half.

The bathroom was clean and had everything we needed. No tub but a double showerhead.

Breakfast in the morning was great. Homemade bread, chocolate croissants, cheese, eggs, orange juice, breakfast cookies and coffee for days. Hubert even filled up our travel coffee mugs. During breakfast he hung out and answered all the questions we had about the island, made great recommendation and in short, was a fantastic host. I think him and his wife must take turns hosting because she was more behind the scenes, but when we did see her she was friendly.

All in all we loved La Petite France.

Room Tip: The Loraine was great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank yogaginger
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed at this B&B during our cycling trip across PEI on the Confederation Trail. The B&B is old and charming. It is in a great location for anyone doing the Trail as it is only a 100m away from the trail head. The B&B has certainly kept its' charm by being decorated in old furniture, art and pictures. Hubert was full of information and extremely helpful during our stay, he even locked up our bikes in his barn for safe keeping. Breakfast in the morning was very good, complete with home made bread. The only negative I would have is that the beds we had were a little on the hard side but other than that, I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duane L
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My sister and I recently spent a week at La Petite France, and enjoyed our entire stay. We stayed in the Alsace room, which was reasonably priced and very comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious (as other reviewers have noted, you can choose your own breakfast time) and different every day. Because the B&B is so small, the hosts are able to be attentive to the needs of all their guests. We will definitely return!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary1731310
Reviewed 23 July 2012

An extremely charming 19th century house, where you feel really at home. They have made an incredible good in maintaining the house to its original state.
Hubert is extremely helpful; he would go the extra mile in making you comfortable and welcome.
Upon arrival he recommended us a very good restaurant for dinner up in Cape North and was kind enough to call them and make sure they were open after the power went down in the area earlier that they.
The bed was very comfortable and the room was perfectly clean.
A delicious breakfast was ready just in time the next morning. Before leaving we commented we were heading to the Confederation Bridge and Hubert recommended us a few good spots to take good pictures of the bridge on our way there.
It was a short but really pleasant stay; I will recommend it to anybody visiting the east end of PEI.
Thank you Hubert & Michele, for your hospitality

Room Tip: Lorraine room was perfect
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Raudel H
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We just enjoyed a lovely European style dinner in the tiny town of Alberton PEI. Fantastic light French fare with friendly but polished service , a real surprise in this little, otherwise conventional town. Not to be missed. Especially loved the genuine French tarte dessert. Will be going back in the AM for baguette (only on Fridays ) and expresso.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank francophilerj

Been to La Petite France? Share your experiences!