“Very charming, excellent hosts”
Review of La Petite France

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alberton
La Petite France
Ranked #2 of 4 Alberton B&B and Inns
“Very charming, excellent hosts”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed here last night. Great place, clean room and the owners Hubert and Michelle were very sweet. The breakfast was excellent and we would definitely stay there again. We were looking for a quiet, uncomplicated place to stay and they delivered that here - excellent value for the price.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank effguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Milton, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here for just 1 night while visiting North Cape and surrounding area.
Hubert and Michelle are wonderful hosts and share lots of information with you about the area!
We stayed in The Lorraine room which was very clean and nicely decorated!!! Hubert and Michelle served us an amazing gourmet breakfast with lots of variety, fruit, homemade bread and jams, local cheeses as well as delicious pancakes!!!!
Unfortunately their on site cafe was closed that day but I am certain it would be of the same quality as our morning breakfast.
We would highly recommend staying with these delightful people!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LuckyD_13
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed there just for one night and I loved it! The house is beautiful, the room very comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. Plus they opened a restaurant / bakery attached to the house... It was like being in France! If you are visiting the area, I highly recommand this beautiful B&B

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank TravelCanada12
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My wife & I came across this B&B while wandering in the area, and consider it a highlight of our vacation in PEI. Lots of character to the rooms. (Lots of room details in other reviews.) The first breakfast wowed us, and the rest were of the same calibre. Hubert & Michelle were great hosts, with Hubert being the main host, wonderfully attentive and helpful. Hubert's baking skills are superb, and so their little Chez Cartier restaurant adjoining the B&B is a treasure, to savour your meal. You won't find burgers and fries here, but everything we tried on the small menu was excellent. Just ignore your diet. And if you stock up on french pastries such as the Petit Pain Chocolat, consider eating all of them early in your cycling day trip before they get beat up in your pack. The baguettes are much more durable - and not nearly as bad for you. There are only a four rooms here, but all are up on the 2nd floor, so consider this if you don't do stairs well, or your luggage is big & heavy. We would be delighted to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SteveCgy
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My boyfriend and I took a chance on La Petite France and we're so glad we did. When we drove up we were happy to see that the house is on a quiet side street of the sleepy town of Alberton, PEI.

First, I'll comment on the great cafe that they have beside the B&B :
It is pretty much the only restaurant we found on PEI that had more vegetarian options than meat ones (although they did have a hearty looking grilled ham and cheese).

For dinner we chose to eat there and indulged in a homemade vegetable bisque to start, my honey went with the veggie quiche and I had the onion pie, both came with salad and freshly made dressing. Everything was gourmet quality, freshly cooked and perfectly seasoned, yet not at all pretentious or over done.

We sat outside on the patio with a weighted table cloth and beautifully accented linen and silverware. Hubert, the owner served us with ease and answered all our questions about the food. For dessert we had a (my mouth salivates at the memory) apricot with peach and custard square and a rhubarb yogurt cream mini pie.

The house is great. It's heritage, with fun accents inside like a old fashioned fisherman's rope as a banister to hold onto going up the stairs.

There is a main living room and game room set up for the guests of the B&B. The owners area is in a totally separate area. In our living area there were book lined shelves, a television, multiple couches and a mini fridge.

The bedroom we chose was the Lorraine. It was a decent size for two people with a view of their garden and a private bathroom. Little touches make all the difference, for us it was the wine glasses with the dark chocolate beside the bed...delightful! The bed had a beautiful white, summer light quilt on it, the linen with fresh and crisp and I slept like a rock, so did my better half.

The bathroom was clean and had everything we needed. No tub but a double showerhead.

Breakfast in the morning was great. Homemade bread, chocolate croissants, cheese, eggs, orange juice, breakfast cookies and coffee for days. Hubert even filled up our travel coffee mugs. During breakfast he hung out and answered all the questions we had about the island, made great recommendation and in short, was a fantastic host. I think him and his wife must take turns hosting because she was more behind the scenes, but when we did see her she was friendly.

All in all we loved La Petite France.

Room Tip: The Loraine was great.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank yogaginger
Ottawa,On
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed at this B&B during our cycling trip across PEI on the Confederation Trail. The B&B is old and charming. It is in a great location for anyone doing the Trail as it is only a 100m away from the trail head. The B&B has certainly kept its' charm by being decorated in old furniture, art and pictures. Hubert was full of information and extremely helpful during our stay, he even locked up our bikes in his barn for safe keeping. Breakfast in the morning was very good, complete with home made bread. The only negative I would have is that the beds we had were a little on the hard side but other than that, I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Duane L
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My sister and I recently spent a week at La Petite France, and enjoyed our entire stay. We stayed in the Alsace room, which was reasonably priced and very comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious (as other reviewers have noted, you can choose your own breakfast time) and different every day. Because the B&B is so small, the hosts are able to be attentive to the needs of all their guests. We will definitely return!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary1731310

Been to La Petite France? Share your experiences!