“A Gem of a Hotel in Uruapan”

Holiday Inn Uruapan
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Uruapan
san francisco
“A Gem of a Hotel in Uruapan”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

On my way to Querétaro I decided to stop in Uruapan, Michoacan to spend a couple of days and visit the sites in the nearby área. I was fortunate enough to stay at the Holiday Inn. I say "fortunate" because this particular Holiday surpasses any others of the chain where I have stayed. First off the location is within walking distance to a Mall which has a Cineplex, WalMart, and as you enter a STARBUCKS! As to the Hotel, its spanking new...considering its 5 yrs. in operation. The staff is so hospitable, reflecting the superb management. I felt I had to congratulate the General Manager personally and Mr. Barreto was kind enough to take time from his busy day to attend me and show me his meeting rooms since I am planning to do an Educational Seminar in Michoacan. As for the food outlets, can´t say enough. A complete breakfast buffet which includes regional dishes and a juice bar that even has (what all us weight watchers love) a Green juice. This Holiday Inn is the best of the best, in my opinión. I will be back!!!

Room Tip: Sixth floor has great views.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
RUBEN B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Uruapan, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you very much for your comments.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our property and also your visit to Uruapan. We are working very hard to improve our facilities.

We hope to see you in the near future in Holiday Inn, your House at Uruapan.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Singapore
Reviewed 4 January 2012

About 5 mins out of the city, which was fine for us. Taxi costs about 20-30 pesos, and are easy to get so it is not problem if you need to get into Uruapan city. For less exciting fare, there's a cineplex and Walmarts about 200m walk from the hotel. Very quiet location.

The hotel is clean and comfortable. The rooms are a little small but adequate. Cable TV and free (fast) wifi in rooms. The mattress is somewhat too soft for me. I was surprised by the well equipped gym. Some of the staff are able to communicate in English. Most are extremely helpful and professional.

The internet rates did not come with breakfast, which was fine for us. It is not a problem doing breakfast a la carte; which is really the only option as there are no easily accessible eateries in the neighbourhood for breakfast.

All in all a more than adequate hotel, which for us, served as a base so that we could explore Paricutin.

Room Tip: As pointed out by other posters....ask for the rooms round back.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Muluvisitor
RUBEN B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Uruapan, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you very much for your kindly comments. Please let me know if you come back to our city. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our property in your past visit to Uruapan.

Best Regards.
Mexicali, Mexico
Reviewed 1 July 2011

This was our first trip to Uruapan, and my family and I were very impressed with this hotel, it's not on the city center, but belive me you don't want to be there, there's a lot of noise and traffic. And you can have a peaceful rest in this modern hotel. The hotel is new, staff is super attentive, the restaurant is very good, we had breakfast and dinner there and were very pleased with the food and the prices. Everybody who works there is always willling to help. The room was spacious, beds comfortable, bathroom nice and impeccable. Our room had a very nice view of the mountains behind the hotel. We had a great time there.
If you visit Uruapan, don't miss "Parque Nacional" it's spectacular.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back, have very nice views
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank karla014
Thank you for your comments. A bit late my answer but I would like to invite you once again to our hotel. We believe that our property is better than two years ago. We hope to see you soon. This is your home at Uruapan.

Regards.
Fresno
Reviewed 11 August 2010

There was only one hiccup I had and that was the location as stated on Google Maps.. But if you ask the local taxi drivers, they'll point you in the right direction.. The hotel itself is like the diamond in the rough.. But they have made it a great environment.. The staff was very welcoming and friendly, moreso than I've had in the US... The bellhops are great and they go out of their way to help you and make your stay enjoyable.. I am very glad I found this hotel in the area and will definately stay there again!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Jrod0748
Thank you very much for your comments. You will be welcome any time you want. Please let me know. We can assume that the hotel now is better than two years ago. We hope you come back to Uruapan. "The world capital of the avocado".

GM
Guadalajara
Reviewed 19 December 2009

Really, is very nice the hotel. I like the concept, service and Quality installations., is unique in the city.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Don065
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us your comments. We are working very hard to improve our services and facilities and we are delighted to know that we are accomplishing our goal.

Thank you for visit our property. We hope to see you in the near future.