“Central and affordable”

Quality Hotel Fredrikstad
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Fredrikstad
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A central location with car park just around the cornor. A large breakfast buffet, and main shopping street at the doorstep. Main attractions a few walking minutes away, with restaurants and cafes a few steps away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great location. The hotel is located a few steps from the water and the old town area is within walking distance. We were able to park in the city lot next to the hotel on Sunday for free. Otherwise, you have to pay to park. The receptionist was helpful and courteous. The room was sparkling clean. My only suggestion to the hotel was to include extra towels or a bath mat since the Scandinavian-style showers are not enclosed like in the US. Water seemed to get all over the floor. Otherwise, it was a perfect stay. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I searched TripAdvisor for Fredrikstad hotels before I booked this one and, at the time of booking, it was on top as #1. It lived up to its #1 ranking!

I was impressed with everything, but especially with the front desk staff. They booked taxis for me and helped with information about the town. One clerk, Eirin, went out of her way to help me when I was stranded in a rainstorm. I had just gotten off the ferry and for some reason I could not get through to the taxi company. So I called the hotel, gave Eirin my location, then she called the taxi company and a taxi promptly rescued me. She went way beyond the call of duty and I am grateful.

As far as other services go, I had laundry done, as I had been on an extended trip, and it was done to perfection and very quickly.

My room was spacious, clean, and cheerfully decorated. I had a nice view of the town and could open the window for some fresh air. As a solo traveler I felt safe in the hotel.

There was an ATM Machine right across the street, which was very handy.

I also need to make mention of the excellent restaurant that is on site. The chef was amazing and I enjoyed dinner there twice. The chef really pays attention to flavors and uses fresh herbs and vegetables. The bread is fresh. The water is clear and pure.

One night I sampled a dish that was called, "Traditional Norwegian Peas, Beef and Pork." It was delicious. The chef took cooked white peas, mashed small bits of beef with it and then garnished it with green peas. The pork was in the middle. It was a new taste for me and I loved it! I actually asked to speak to the chef because I enjoyed it so much. Dinner is extra, but breakfast was included in the room rate.

So with the combination of the exceptional customer service, excellent food service and comfortable rooms - I know that I will make this hotel a stop if I ever visit Fredrikstad again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NockieT
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Professional and friendly, central location, excellent breakfast. Nice and clean rooms, good training facilities almost next door. Have stayed there several times and will soon come back. Recommended!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at Quality hotel Fredrikstad. The staff was friendly, my room was very nice and spacious (I got upgraded because I'm a member of the reward program of the hotel chain, and there was an available room in a better category than the one I paid for) and the rest of the hotel also looked very fresh. The best of all, however, was the food and the environmental awareness when it comes to the ingredients. On the breakfast buffet I found several organic products, in fact, I managed to eat a complete breakfast choosing only organic products. 15% of their food is certified organic, they told me. Also, this hotel doesn't use palm oil and doesn't serve scampi or species on the The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

+ Good breakfast (with "real" scrambled eggs - not the gushy sort sometimes served)
+ Comfy bed

+\- Parking was just downstairs, but a bit pricy (125 NOK / 24 h) if you want to park indoors

- Cleanliness (especially bathroom) could have been better

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed at the Quality Hotel Fredrikstad during two business trips to Fredrikstad in July and September. The location is great and the service was good. Rooms are quite small but the beds are very comfortable. I was missing a shoe horn and umbrella in the room, this should be found in any hotel in my opinion. The breakfast was only ok, the selection should have been better and less generic.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank suntrip62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fredrikstad
Scandic City
#5 of 6 in Fredrikstad
Stromstad Spa & Resort
Stromstad Spa & Resort
#1 of 4 in Stromstad

Been to Quality Hotel Fredrikstad? Share your experiences!