First of all, I would strongly recommend that The Couples web site (http://www.couplesresort.ca/) be thoroughly reviewed before anyone decides to book a stay at the resort. All charges are fully disclosed and the accommodations are properly described.
My wife and I stayed at The Couples for the first time arriving on Oct. 11th and stayed for two nights...choosing a Master Junior Suite. We have never stayed in such a luxurious room before. Everything was clean and worked properly. 2 thumbs up! The room has a Keurig coffee maker and a supply of Keurig coffee, tea and hot chocolate cups (extra $).
During our stay, we asked at the front desk if we could see a Junior Suite (which is much less expensive). We were given a key to an unoccupied room and checked it out. The Jr. Suite is very nice and at 600 square feet is very big. I wouldn't hesitate in booking one if I could get the right room number ;-). Check out my room tips.
All accommodations are air conditioned and have an ample supply of wood.
All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and courteous.
The Dining Room:
Very classy and beautiful. Comfortable chairs. There are two walls with windows and if you would like a window table I would suggest you take the earliest seating, or about an hour and a half later. The breakfast was very good and well presented. The evening meal is also very good with lots of choices.
There is a recreation area below the dining room which consists of 2 rooms. The one room has a billiard table and the other has two billiard tables, shuffleboard table, dart boards, ping pong table and a fireplace area. In my opinion, the room is too small for what's in it. We couldn't have a shuffle board game due to a couple playing darts.
Algonquin Park: The 'Algonquin Visitor Centre' which is only a 20 minute drive from the resort' is a 'must see'. We spent at least 2hrs. inside with so much to see. Make sure you check the hours of operation as they change with the seasons.
The Couples Resort is a beautiful and luxurious resort and I would not hesitate in considering a return visit. On the negative side, they charge extra for things that are included in the room rate in other comparable resorts.
We really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. Quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 48 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River,with Algonquin Park as our backyard. . We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking. Those of needing to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Whitney, Ontario, Canada