“What a relaxing stay”

Couples Resort
Whitby, Canada
“What a relaxing stay”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I took my wife to Couples resort for her birthday in April 2012. Prices were great, the spa treatments were very affordable, and we had a great time. We were there for three days and two nights and throughly enjoyed our privacy when we wanted it, and appreciated how helpful and accommodating the staff was.

The food, (which is included) in one word FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Mike & Cathy

2 Thank Cathy T

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Whitby, ON
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband and I went to Couples Resort for the first time for our honeymoon in 1995 (this was our 3rd stay). The resort has changed considerably since that time, but the quality of service and food has remained spectacular! We stayed in the Kenya in the Exotics building. The room was amazing - complete with king size bed, cozy duvet, sauna shower, jacuzzi tub, wood burning fireplace and 52" flat screen tv! We particularly LOVED the hot tub on the deck - it was so relaxing - just what we needed! I would be amiss if I didn't mention the incredible food. 5 courses for dinner filled us up quite nicely. :) It is wonderful to get dressed up for dinner and be waited on and "spoiled". If only I could get my kids to continue this at home. :) All in all, it was an amazing weekend and my husband and I look forward to visiting again soon!

2 Thank vzubie
Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The Couples Resort is hands down, the number one resort to stay at, tremendous service, tremendous prices, I would come back every week if I had the chance.

Geoff

Room Tip: Ones with the outdoor hottubs are great.
1 Thank Geoff C
MISSISSAUGA
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Couples Resort last weekend. We had a beautiful cabin all to ourselves. The cabin had a fireplace (with our own woodpile outside the door) a jacuzzi tub, steam shower and sauna. We had a view of the lake and all the privacy we could possibly want.

The meals (dinner and breakfast) were included and there was more than enough to eat. We indulged in the in-room couples massage as well. The two therapists were great, discreet and professional. I felt very relaxed after.

All in all I would highly recommend this resort. The added bonus is that it is very close to Algonquin Park.

1 Thank Vicky w
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in the Master Suite & did not want to return home to "reality". The room was beautiful & we enjoyed the woodburning fireplace, hot tub & our king sized bed (so comfy!). The service was great & we thoroughly enjoyed our meals each day. We have eaten at many restaurants & the food served to us at the Couples Resort exceeds many other restaurants in quality & taste. The surroundings are beautiful & so peaceful. We look forward to returning! Thanks for the fabulous memories!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank TheBeanGirl
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We went in 2002 for our honeymoon, 2003 for our 1 year anniversary, 2004 for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary, 2005 to celebrate our pregnancy with our first child and this past weekend, 2012, our 10th wedding anniversary!!!

Although this place has changed a lot, and yes there are extra's for lots of things. The room that we stayed it was a LOT more expensive when we stayed for our honeymoon and now it's the cheapest room there is!

It wasn't the Hilton, but it was perfect for spending time with my husband. Jacuzzi in the room and fireplace, looking at the lake, lots of nice places to walk, the food was exceptional and the service was just right.

Definitely be back.

Oh we also got a free massage for being a return customer.

And no, I don't work for anyone there.

Room Tip: The 'basement' junior luxury suite, don't be turned off by them being in the 'baseme...
Lindsay, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband and I spent our first anniversay there this month. We really enjoyed our time as it was perfect weather allowing us to get outdoors and not have any bugs yet.

Because we had spent our honeymoon there last year a spa treatment was included. I chose the hot stone massage. Heavenly.

I am also allergic to milk products and the substitutes they gave me were excellent. I did not feel deprived in any way.

I knew that the room would need some updating as they said on the website that they were hoping to get the rooms upgraded in the next year. We could see upgrades in other things since we were there last year - like the dining room.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Junior Suites last year and found them very good - because of the lower price this...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitney
Arowhon Pines
Carriage Ridge Resort
Carriage Ridge Resort
#10 of 19 in Barrie
Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages

Been to Couples Resort? Share your experiences!