“Relax in style”
Review of Couples Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitney
Couples Resort
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My wife and I have been visiting Couple Resort since 1994 when it was referred to as Beartrail Inn. There have been many changes over the years and mostly to the better. The Spa Villas, the Chateaus and every the basic (if you can refer to them as basic) junior suites are well appointed and packed with spa amenities to wash all your tensions away. The dinning room produces delicious and creative dinners served with impeccable service by friendly wait staff.

The staff is amazing with everyone being friendly and willing to help or even smile and say hello. Reading the other reviews there is really nothing I can add to describe the luxury that you will experience when you stay here.

There were a couple of things that did surprise us and seemed petty and ruined the opulence of Couples Resort making it look cheap. First off was coffee in the room. Couples offers Keurig coffee in the room and several flavours are available for your pleasure. However because guests were taking them all home at the end of their stay, Couples has put a charge of $2.00 per Keurig cup. I can understand this attempt to save costs but there are other solutions that could have been used like leave 2 cups in the room and offer other flavours at the front desk for an additional cost. Or even leave the old drip coffee makers in the rooms to provide guests with a choice.

The second noticeable event was breakfast. Now their breakfast is awesome and the eggs Benedict rank up with best I've had so far, but again the spectre of El Cheapo can be found here. If you wish an additional side ie sausage with your bacon and eggs, I can see an additional charge. But to charge for home fries or toast at $3.00 seems excessive and...well cheap.

Despite the apparent "Nickel and Diming", Couples Resort is a fabulous place to spend some quiet romantic time with the one you love. Will we return? Absolutely! Ignoring the fact of the extra charges, we will visit Couples resort again, in fact we have made a pledge to come at least once a year, with coffee maker in tow. My hope is that Couples Resort will revisit their extra charges policy and come up with a creative way of preventing greedy guests from taking advantage of their hospitality and provide the decadent stress free stay guests expect. Oh, kudos to Couples in eliminating their "Eco Fee". Enjoy your stay!!

4  Thank Magicats

Reviewed 16 April 2012

My boyfriend and I went to this resort for an evening just to get away. The room was huge and very nicely decorated! We had our own private hot tub and jacuzzi in our room. There was also a steam shower and a fireplace. The food and service in the restaurant was fabulous! We had both a server and a bar tender that came to our table. Breakfast was served in room in the morning and was amazing as well. I am just so impressed with the service from start to finish here I had to write a review on our way home! I know its hard to decide what resort to go to if you have not been before...but try this one out!

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank JRoge
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My husband and I went to the couples resort for Easter Weekend. It is our 4th time visiting the resort and will continue to visit as we find the whole experience very relaxing. Algonquin park is at your doorstep, hiking in the park wears off the tremendous
breakfast served at the resort and enables you for the 5 course dinner which follows in the evening.
The food, accommodation, staff and the spa are all something to look forward to for you next visit to the resort.
We highly recommend this resort for a couples getaway!

Room Tip: We have stayed in the masters jr suite, the exotic and the chateau. We recommend the chateau or the...
2  Thank karen p
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I took my wife to Couples resort for her birthday in April 2012. Prices were great, the spa treatments were very affordable, and we had a great time. We were there for three days and two nights and throughly enjoyed our privacy when we wanted it, and appreciated how helpful and accommodating the staff was.

The food, (which is included) in one word FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Mike & Cathy

2  Thank Cathy T
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband and I went to Couples Resort for the first time for our honeymoon in 1995 (this was our 3rd stay). The resort has changed considerably since that time, but the quality of service and food has remained spectacular! We stayed in the Kenya in the Exotics building. The room was amazing - complete with king size bed, cozy duvet, sauna shower, jacuzzi tub, wood burning fireplace and 52" flat screen tv! We particularly LOVED the hot tub on the deck - it was so relaxing - just what we needed! I would be amiss if I didn't mention the incredible food. 5 courses for dinner filled us up quite nicely. :) It is wonderful to get dressed up for dinner and be waited on and "spoiled". If only I could get my kids to continue this at home. :) All in all, it was an amazing weekend and my husband and I look forward to visiting again soon!

2  Thank vzubie
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The Couples Resort is hands down, the number one resort to stay at, tremendous service, tremendous prices, I would come back every week if I had the chance.

Geoff

Room Tip: Ones with the outdoor hottubs are great.
1  Thank Geoff C
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Couples Resort last weekend. We had a beautiful cabin all to ourselves. The cabin had a fireplace (with our own woodpile outside the door) a jacuzzi tub, steam shower and sauna. We had a view of the lake and all the privacy we could possibly want.

The meals (dinner and breakfast) were included and there was more than enough to eat. We indulged in the in-room couples massage as well. The two therapists were great, discreet and professional. I felt very relaxed after.

All in all I would highly recommend this resort. The added bonus is that it is very close to Algonquin Park.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitney
Algonquin Eco-Lodge
Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages
Arowhon Pines
Arowhon Pines
#3 of 16 in Algonquin Provincial Park

Been to Couples Resort? Share your experiences!