“On Our Honeymoon”
Review of Couples Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitney
Couples Resort
Maple, ON, Canada
“On Our Honeymoon”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We reserved a Chateau Cabin, four days, two weeks recently this July. This was definitely one of the best, most relaxing vacation my wife and I have ever enjoyed. Cleanliness, service, amenities, security, are all top rated. Friendliness of the staff was always evident.
Our cabin, picture your dream cottage. This is it. Fifteen hundred square feet. Wood burning fireplace, Living rm, beautiful bedroom with Jacuzzi, sauna, granite four seat steam shower, toilet, bidet, granite double vanity, make-up mirror for my lady. Outdoor deck with four seat hot-tub, lounge chairs, a screened connected outdoor pavilion, both structures with cathedral ceilings.
There's more...canoeing, mountain biking, hiking trails, art gallery, art museum, swimming pool, grounds are insect controlled, need more...?
How about fine dining! This has gotta be one of the best kitchens in the province. Dined in Toronto? Dined in Ottawa & Montreal? Well you better get your butt up to Whitney cause your missing out!
Couples Resort, we'll be back.
One problem. Please fix your website. We almost didn't book.
Paradise in our own back-yard. Keep your cash in Canada!

Room Tip: Ask for an e-mail quote, so your sure about pricing.
2 Thank MCCXV

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the Couples Resort in the Helice Chateau. The staff was friendly and knowledgable. The accomadation was devine and comfortable. There was so much to do that we could not fit it all in. The meals included were fantastic. The soups were extraordinary!! We ordered everything from french toast and waffles to lamb, penne pasta, salmon and steak. I would definitely recommend for a relaxing weekend or longer to explore the area and enjoy the ambience. We will absolutely be back! Maybe a winter trip to enjoy the fireplace!!

Room Tip: Helice is three metres from the water and the sunset is amazing
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed at The Couples Resort in the middle of Winter... January I think it was... funny that I would be thinking of that in July but our experience was so enjoyable I decided to investigate Summer deals and I have to say that the offerings are impressive.
My plan is to do a 3 or 4 night canoe trip in Algonquin Park with my girlfriend and then finish with a night (or two) at Couples. What a contrast that would be... from doing everything to having everything done for us. I could praise the 5 star meals, a wine list that will impress even the most snobby wine connoisseur, a plethora of activities and facilities at your doorstep, extremely comfortable and well appointed rooms with real fireplaces and hot tubs... all at the edge of beautiful Algonquin... AND reasonably priced. If this place doesn't bump your libido a few notches, nothing will. The bottom line is this... the last time we stayed there, I booked for 2 nights and ended up staying 4. I can't imagine a better compliment to the ownership and staff at The Couples Resort. It was an experience we won't forget.
We'll be back... soon.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Mississauga
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My wife and I just spent a weekend at the Couples resort. We stayed in a Master Junior suite. The rooms are huge, and the amenities in the room are top notch - flat screen TV, fireplace, hot tub, jacuzzi tub, steam shower... even a fridge to keep your drinks cold. Everything was very clean and well maintained. The grounds are well kept, the meals are great and the staff is friendly and helpful.

We spent some time in Algonquin Park at the logging museum which is really interesting and worth the 10 minute drive.

If you are looking for a romantic and relaxing few days with your partner, I highly recommend the Couples Resort!

1 Thank RABCDN B
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My husband and I just returned from our third trip to the Couples Resort; we were married there at the Venus chalet in September 2010 so the resort holds a special place in our hearts and a quick getaway is a wonderfully romantic treat. Although the Venus chalet is our favourite accommodation because of it's uber-private atmosphere, we also enjoy the amenities of the Master's Junior Suites for short stays. Since we had only one night this time, we booked the Gauguin suite last minute. I especially enjoyed the steam shower, which is not available in either of the Utopian chalets.

We arrived around noon on Saturday and were greeted by Theresa on the front desk. She was able to check us in early but of course since the room was not yet ready, we would have to return for our keys. I also booked a pedicure for the following morning, as return guests are provided with one free spa treatment with each return visit (certain exceptions, like Shiatsu, apply). We were able to get a Park Pass as one of the inclusive perks this time around, so we forayed into the park and explored the Visitor's Centre and then the Spruce Bog Boardwalk and Beaver Pond Trail. No beaver sightings, but we did catch some turtles basking on a log and my husband was chastised by a pair of grouse for inadvertently getting too close to their nest while trying to get a good shot of one of the creeks that runs alongside part of the trail. On our way back to the Resort, we visited the Logging Museum and then ducked into the LCBO in Whitney before getting our keys at the front desk and reserving a time for dinner.

Dinner was excellent, as always - the majority of the menu is available on the website if you want a peek ahead of time; the only thing you have to wait to hear are the day's specials. Service was polite, attentive and quick and the portion sizes large. We ended up taking our dessert back to the room because we were too full to eat it at the table, and it made for a nice snack later in the evening. For as much press as the 5 Course Gourmet Dinner gets, we must admit that our favourite items are actually on the breakfast menu. My berry & cream cheese French toast this morning was just heavenly and my husband always enjoys the Couples Sunrise bacon and egg dish. The Belgian waffle with apple compote and maple cream is another favourite.

This was the first time I'd had a pedicure at the Resort; I was greeted by esthetician Anita and she did a wonderful job. Not all resort estheticians do nail art, so if that's something that's important to you, make sure you specify at the time of booking. They use very high quality products and I was able to enjoy another cup of coffee while she worked on my feet - overall it was a very relaxing experience and I will DEFINITELY be getting another pedicure on my next visit.

Overall, another fabulous weekend away - worth every cent as far as we are concerned, and priced competitively with other resorts in and near the park when all amenities and special added savings (kayak/canoe rental, park passes, in-room drinks, spa treatments for return customers) are considered. Our only regret is that we weren't able to stay for another night. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Our favourites are the Utopian Chalets and Masters Junior Suites because both have outdoor hot tubs...
Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leigh925
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights in one of the Chateaus. The accomodation was luxurious, super comfortable, spotlessly clean and in excellent repair (looked brand new). The service at this resort is excellent. The staff were uniformly very friendly, genuinely concerned and courteous at all times and they took care of all our needs very promptly. In fact, the chef and kitchen went out of thier way to ensure that my vegan dietary concerns were always addressed with specially prepared items and menu modifications. Speaking of the kitchen, the food is amazing! The meals are definitely superior and on par with the finest dining anywhere. The dining room is very tranquil and wonderfully romantic. The facilities and amenities are great; lots of canoes, kayaks, motor boats, etc as well as a really nice pool and hot tub by the main lodge. The proximity to Algonquin (a short paddle away) is a real bonus. We found the entire resort very peaceful and tranquil and were incredibly relaxed within a very short time after our arrival. We did not partake of any spa treatments so cannot comment on those, but the spa facilities looked very nice. This is a wonderful place for couples to go and spend some real quality time together. Highly recommended. We are already planning our next visit!

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We celebrated our 15th Anniversary by visiting Couples Resort, and it quickly became our favourite place to go without the kids. From the amazing accommodations to the free room service for breakfast , to the perfectly-heated pool, to the 5-course gourmet dinner, to the included activities.....I just can't rave enough about this place! Websites and pictures don't do it justice--you have to check it out for yourself!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Chateau; more expensive but worth it--very private and posh! (and more "extras&q...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitney
Arowhon Pines
Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages
Nomi Resort
Nomi Resort
#1 of 1 in Harcourt

Been to Couples Resort? Share your experiences!