Let's start by saying that we love the Couples Resort and we want to return. We have been here twice, and both times have had a fantastic and romantic time. We wanted to come back this fall to see the leaves change, but the prices are so astronomical that it is near impossible.
All of October requires you to to stay for a 3 night minimum in the master suites, or 2 nights minimum in a chateau. The price to stay in a chateau on a MONDAY is $766.00 before tax! A 2 night minimum runs you close to $1600.00! There is also a misleading claim on the website that the 3rd night in the chateau is free. We were even ready to splurge the $1600.00 based on that claim, but upon further investigation we were told that with a "free" night it would actually cost $1990.00 for 3 nights. This is because only the cheapest night is free, and the way the scheduled rates are set up you are forced to buy a more expensive night.
The 3 night minimum in the master suite is only a couple of hundred dollars cheaper. We are well aware that this includes your dinner and breakfast but for a limited menu that never changes and the food being just ok, this is insanely overpriced! Guys, we want to return and spend money at your establishment, but can you at least be a little more reasonable with the minimum stays? Like I said, we were willing to pay $1600.00 for 3 nights in a chateau and we would be willing to pay a 2 night minimum in the masters, but any more than that is out of the question! Please look into this, because you are actually losing loyal customers based on these conditions.
There is one other issue that I would like to address, and I am going to choose my words carefully now, because Trip Advisor does not allow you to respond to management comments. I have been reading some of the other reviews and I am absolutely shocked at how the owner deals with negative reviews! A reviewer who wrote a 4 star review, while pointing out that some improvements are needed to make this a 5 star property was told that he is not welcome back to the resort and was told to use his brain and not his mouth. What!???
Future guests shouldn't have to read comments that make the property and management look unprofessional from the STAFF! You are in the customer service industry and after having spent hundreds or thousands of dollars at a resort the customer certainly has the right to write about his experience on a travel website without being personally and publicly attacked by the property owner. I hope to that you learn to take constructive critiques from your customers and use them to your benefit, instead of fighting publicly with your former guests. It leaves the readers with a very negative feeling.
I do hope that you look into your pricing structure so we can return, unless I am now not welcome :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners and recently married couples come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. This is quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 23 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River, with Algonquin Park as our backyard. The village of Whitney, Ontario is a short 15-minute walk away. We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking.Those of you who need to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. There are many ways to do nothing if that is your wish. On the other hand, unlimited activities will keep the adventurer active all year round. Ontario's Natural Algonquin Park is ideal for the sport enthusiast or avid adventurer who will be delighted with the extraordinary activities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Couples Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Whitney, Ontario, Canada