Hmm, where do I start? I stayed over for 2 nights in the inclusive Junior Suite and I enjoyed it so much, I am definitely coming back in the summer––or when the weather is on our side! Unfortunately, it rained for 2 out of the 3 days, but we still tried to make the best of it. If the sun is out, definitely use that to your advantage!! Their website lists everything they have for you/what you can do. I don't want to list all, there's alot!
Service was overall excellent. Front desk was very kind. If you have allergies, they make sure they'll cater to you. They will even call you to remind you/invite you for free breakfast or offer to deliver to your room. Service at dinner was exceptional as well. Overall, you can tell they will go beyond to try and assist you with anything.
Graciously spacious in the Junior Suite. Had a jacuzzi, fireplace (yay for marshmallows), own view accessible to the outside in the backyard. Their beds feel like heaven, I wanted to bring the mattress and pillows home. Best bed and sleep I've encountered in staying at many hotels/motels by far.
Delicious! You have to make reservations for dinner, but atleast it's inclusive on each day stay. I remember reading reviews and some people complaining about how "old fashioned" it looks and that they have a strict dress code. Why the heck not, people?! I loved the restaurant setting, it adds on to the whole fanciness and regal atmosphere. When do we ever get to really dress up and enjoy good food? I really liked that they did that, I didn't see the problem. I very much prefer this and seeing others dress up too, than eat at a tacky restaurant (that I already do all the time at home.)
Beautiful for the nature crazies like me. Yes, it is a bit of a drive to Algonquin, but that's expected and shouldn't be a problem if you have a car anyway. I'd suggest watching the sunsets, doing the trails, etc.
Overall again, it just sucked weather wasn't on our side, so I'd plan accordingly. Rain and cold stops you from not being able to do a lot besides the games room. I really wish it was beautiful weather all week long on the days we went (to accomplish the Algonquin Park trails too), but I'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners and recently married couples come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. This is quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 23 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River, with Algonquin Park as our backyard. The village of Whitney, Ontario is a short 15-minute walk away. We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking.Those of you who need to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. There are many ways to do nothing if that is your wish. On the other hand, unlimited activities will keep the adventurer active all year round. Ontario's Natural Algonquin Park is ideal for the sport enthusiast or avid adventurer who will be delighted with the extraordinary activities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Couples Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Whitney, Ontario, Canada