I recently stayed at the Couples Resort, and overall it was a good experience. We have stayed there 3 other times, when weather was more comfortable.
Your staff starting with the Front Desk,your Spa employees,servers in restaurant, and housekeepers do a "great job", and show a pride of ownership in what they do which makes them stand out in comparison to other places I have visited.
We stayed in Junior Suite for two nights room was clean, and stocked with all essentials we needed(i.e. towels ,soap, etc.) The dining room staff, the food, and ambience made our dining experience wonderful. My wife received a spa treatment which exceeded her expectations, and she was quite pleased.
The only negative was indoor activities , and exercise facility was "dated" , an indoor pool would actually be great, considering the weather up there is not always ideal.
I am active, and if outside weather prevents from being outside, have indoor options of current equipment, and activities would fill the day. I realize it's a couples resort, but you can only stay in the room so much. It was an enjoyable stay, but felt trapped in our room because of lack of indoor activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners and recently married couples come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. This is quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 23 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River, with Algonquin Park as our backyard. The village of Whitney, Ontario is a short 15-minute walk away. We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking.Those of you who need to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. There are many ways to do nothing if that is your wish. On the other hand, unlimited activities will keep the adventurer active all year round. Ontario's Natural Algonquin Park is ideal for the sport enthusiast or avid adventurer who will be delighted with the extraordinary activities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Couples Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Whitney, Ontario, Canada