This is a super romantic spot for couples only. Each room has its own fireplace and Jacuzzi as well as a big feather bed and pillows. You can take out a canoe, kayak, and a mountain bike or hike a superb nature trail, or if the mood hits, take a ride behind a fast boat on a tube around a truly beautiful lake. Raining? No problem, you can stay dry indoors by your own in room fireplace or you can play pool or ping pong in the main lodge. Men must wear a dress shirt and tie and ladies get dressed for a 5 star sumptuous dinner, served in a stunning dining room overlooking a pristine lake. The staff is outstanding, courteous and genuinely attentive to your every need, these people just couldn't be any kinder or pleasant. The resort is also a wonderful winter getaway that is right on the door step of Algonquin Park, one of Canada's most prestigious and largest nature preserves. During the winter, the Couples Inn and Resort offers all types of outdoor winter activities including cross country skiing, groomed trails, and snowshoeing to name just a few of the of the winter fun things that you might try. As a romantic getaway, the Couples Inn and Resort is hard to beat; I rate the entire experience 10 out of 10!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners and recently married couples come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. This is quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 23 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River, with Algonquin Park as our backyard. The village of Whitney, Ontario is a short 15-minute walk away. We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking.Those of you who need to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. There are many ways to do nothing if that is your wish. On the other hand, unlimited activities will keep the adventurer active all year round. Ontario's Natural Algonquin Park is ideal for the sport enthusiast or avid adventurer who will be delighted with the extraordinary activities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Couples Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Whitney, Ontario, Canada