“THANKS!!!!!”
Review of Couples Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitney
Couples Resort
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Good Day,,
Just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our stay this week. The resort is gorgeous, our room was great… loved the hot tub on our balcony, great to have the fireplace and now I want to install a steam shower at home. We both enjoyed our Shiatsu Massage too. The food was yummy, yummy and so were the bevvies (especially the martinis :) ). The Staff---TOPNOTCH!!!!! Everyone was so friendly and lovely to chat with. Thank you for making our getaway memorable!!!! Hope to return many more times.
Cheers!
Bonny & Steve

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Couples_Resort_Rep, Public Relations Manager at Couples Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thanks so much for the kind words. Contact us (John) when you are ready to install that steam shower for tips. And be sure to take advantage of the many offerings in our Loyalty program on your next visit

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I went to the couples resort for a last minute anniversary getaway and we had mixed reviews. The property is very nice but is not a secluded as I was led to believe from the website. We enjoyed the many activities the resort offers including canoeing, relaxing by the pool and outdoor hot tub, and playing various games in the games room. Most of our time was spent in our suite (exotic jr suite) in our hot tub, which was the reason we booked this resort. I was in love with this feature and my husband loved the steam shower. It was amazing but at a last minute rate of $500+ a night, the value is just not there in comparison to other hotels in Ontario. The hotel is a bit dated in some areas and the finishing's are not quite right. The rooms were spacious and clean.

Dinner was fantastic and loved the formality of it, as there are not that may occasions to do this with your spouse. My husband and I were both stuffed and should have taken the dessert to our rooms. The cheesecake was phenomenal!! I truly did feel spoiled with breakfast in bed (eggs benedict), tea on the balcony in a luxurious robe, and a hot tub before check out. This resort is suited for those who want to kick back and relax and enjoy each others company.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and my only real complaint would be the $$ and that we had planned to go to Algonquin park on our final day as was on the way home (as park passes were supposed to be included in the price). Sadly we learned that you were only borrowing a season pass from the resort and it needed to be returned at the end of the day, so we lost an entire planned day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Melissa B
Couples_Resort_Rep, Owner at Couples Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Most of the year price is under $200 / night / Couple for All-inclusive with gourmet meals & sports & all taxes & tips, in a Jacuzzi with Fireplace room. I am sorry you came at a peak time where it was more expensive. We are especially glad you enjoyed so much at our resort especially the amenities of your room and the gourmet 5 course dinner. I have looked at our website and I do not get seclusion as a promise and when I look at the video which is so prominent in our website it sells only 3 promises 1) luxury 2) romance and 3) delicious meals, after all it is all about the Couple here at Couples Resort. But I am glad I looked again to make sure we were not selling a false promise. I wish you could have indicated which other 5 Star hotels or 5 Star resorts in Ontario or even Canada (best to compare apples to apples for us for similar Canadian cost structures) that were better value than us, as we wish to exceed in value. Sorry that your anniversary time is an expensive time of the year here at the resort for you. Perhaps we will see you again just as a getaway when we are not in peak season and lower priced. Sincerely JohnS - Owner.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I were there to celebrate our one year anniversary/babymoon and it was perfect. We stayed in the Jr. Master Suite for 2 nights- it was beautiful, great views. The food was divine and all the staff were so kind to our every need. I would recommend this place to everyone I know. It was a perfect distance from Algonquin Park- where we went for a couple hikes. The pool & hot tub are situated in the perfect spot where you can still enjoy the view of the stunning quiet lake. We also enjoyed going kayaking &canoeing. Can't wait to go back- maybe in the winter next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for the kind review. And for sharing the photos. The view of the lake and pool are perfect from the Master suites. I am glad you got to enjoy some time in Algonquin as well. We are fortunate to be located so close to it. You will love the winter I am sure. The private hot tub and the wood burning fire are the perfect combination! Don’t forget to take advantage of the Loyalty program and all it offers.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I spent three days and two nights at the Couples Resort in the Klimt room, a Master’s Suite.

We golfed on the way from Ottawa to the Resort and our timing was such that we arrived two hours before check-in. We were asked for our cell number and told we would be called when the room was ready. We were invited to use the Resort’s facilities. We chose to use the Games’ Room. We played several games of darts, ping pong, table shuffleboard and were into our third game of pool when Mary called to let us know our room was ready. It was such fun that we are thinking of adding a games’ room to our home!!!

Upon check-in my husband told Mary that he was an early riser and wanted to know where he could go to have a coffee, read his book and enjoy the scenery. She said "on your deck"! She then gave him half a dozen coffee pods for the room's Keurig machine and advised him to ask for milk/creamers on the way out from dinner. He spent both mornings, for two hours, on the deck, reading and enjoying his coffee and the scenery.

We entered our room and were amazed at the size. It was 1,000 square feet of luxury and beauty.

The bathroom had a large shower/steam shower with seating, make-up table, double sinks and lots of towels, toiletries and a hair dryer. There was lots of lighting too. The toilet and bidet were across from the bath. The only criticism I have is that one must go across to the bath area to wash hands.

The closet was large and contained extra towels, two bathrobes, lots of hangars, an ironing board/iron, an umbrella and a safe. It had mirrored doors to check ones appearance before going out for dinner!

Beside the closet was a kitchen area with a bar fridge, microwave, sink, mugs, wine glasses, ice bucket, tongs, cork screw, dish detergent and a recycle bin. The area could be closed off with double doors.

Across from the kitchen area was a two person Jacuzzi tub with tons of towels. There was also a basket of bath products at additional cost. There was a small table with several towels to be used for the hot tub and pool and two terrycloth covers for the lounge chairs. Must get some of those!!!

Then there was the bed!!! King size, feather bed topper, cool cotton sheets, a duvet and the most comfortable feather pillows I have ever experienced! We slept so well on both nights, that we woke up feeling refreshed for a change. It was a new experience. There were two large dressers, one on each side of the bed, with great lights for reading. The clock had large, easy to see numbers.

Beside the dresser was an extremely comfortable sofa, a large coffee table and literature about the resort and the area. There were also a couple of candles/match books to add to the ambiance. In front of the coffee table was a round table with two chairs, very convenient if one wanted room service.

On the far wall was a 50" television with a blue ray player. Netflix was also offered, complimentary. We did not watch much tv and did not use Netflix. I don’t think we would pay for it if there was an extra charge.

There was also a wood burning fireplace with complimentary fire starter and wood.

The piece de resistance of the Suite was the deck. It was large, with two comfortable lounge chairs and a small table between them. It overlooked Galeairy Lake. Then there was THE HOT TUB!!! We used it so much that our skin was constantly prune like. LOL It is definitely worth the extra cost.

We used the pool and the public hot tub once. There was complimentary use of paddle boats, canoes, kayaks and mountain bikes. We had great intentions of using them but ended up spending most of our free time on our deck, in the hot tub!!!. We did manage to go for a couple of walks and the scenery is great. They were also offering free passes to use in Algonquin Park, but again, we chose to stay on our deck.

Dinner and breakfast were included in the cost of our Suite. For dinner the first night we ordered frog legs, caesar salad, baked brie, rack of lamb and paella. An amuse bouche was served before our starters and our amazing server, Alaura, brought still water, bread and a dish with butter, sun dried tomato hummus and an oil/balsamic vinegar mix. For dessert we had New York Cheesecake and Bailey’s Creme Brule. I had a glass of Merlot. The meal was wonderful! Flavourful, well portioned and perfect timing between courses.

The second night we were fortunate to again have Alaura as our server. This time the amazing food ordered was Northern Forest mushroom vol au vent, asparagus/spinach soup and Angus steak. Dessert was Tiramisu (the best I’ve ever eaten) and Key Lime pie. I enjoyed another glass of Merlot. The wine was extra and one could have purchased bottles or enjoyed a bottle brought from home and paid a corking fee of $15.00.

Breakfast both days was great. We enjoyed Eggs Benedict the first day. The second it was the omelette and French toast. It included juice, coffee/tea and exceptional service.

As a repeat guest we were entitled to a one hour spa treatment. My husband insisted it be mine. (He's a keeper!) I chose a one hour Ayurveda Indian Head Massage. What a treat! My spa practitioner, Danielle, explained what she was going to do and she did it very well. I would highly recommend this treatment.

After my massage we went back to the games’ room for more pool. I actually won a game - must have been due to the relaxing massage!!!

The suite we enjoyed was not inexpensive but we feel we definitely got our money’s worth in fun, relaxation and being spoiled. We will definitely return, if not this year, then next. Check out their website for details on the rooms, menus, spa treatments and activities. It is perfect for a quick getaway, romance, special occasion or just to reconnect with your special someone.

Room Tip: Suites with the private hot tubs are well worth the extra charge!
1  Thank emmasnana2007
Couples_Resort_Rep, Public Relations Manager at Couples Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Wow! Sounds like you had a great time! It’s unbelievable what you can fit into a 2 nights stay! We are so very glad you enjoyed the Master suite and all it had to offer. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

All right, here's the deal:

This resort is exactly what I expected after reading through their website. If what you read about would appeal to you and your significant other, this place delivers. It's a reminder that as Canadians, we can sometimes forget the great spots we have in our own backyards.

We got ourselves a nice chalet tucked away in the corner of the resort, which offered a view of the lake and plenty of privacy. It was quiet, relaxing and we got full access to all the sporting equipment when we wanted to venture away from our wine and hot tub.

The chalet was super clean and yes, it is a little dark, but that's due to the french doors facing the lake being the only source of natural light. That's a good thing because you're only using the room, as one reviewer stated, for "sleep or other non natural light demanding reasons." It really does feel like a private getaway.

The meals were excellent and the five course dinner had very generous portions.

The two of us were looking for a place where we can completely relax and we're happy we chose to go here. We're already looking to make another trip here in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Couples_Resort_Rep, Public Relations Manager at Couples Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Happy Anniversary! We are very happy you discovered Canada again and I am so very glad you found the Chalet a great private spot for your romantic getaway. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

If you're looking for the noisy poolside activiities of the typical southern vacation, this is not the place for you. If you're looking for a spacious well appointed room, great food, friendly staff and one of the most relaxing and beautiful spots on earth, you wont be disappointed. We like to travel with our own wine and for a nominal corkage charge you can have it served with dinner. A short kayak or canoe trip takes you into several parts of Algonquin Park where with a little exploration you can find a spot to beach for a most peaceful lunch (take your bug spray though). Horse riding is available nearby and if like us you haven't done it for awhile it's the right pace and length of time. We like a ground floor accomodation but those rooms can be a little dark due to the trees. However, with a spacious patio area outside the french doos and the fact one is normally only in the room for sleep or other non natural light demanding reasons, it doesn't effect ones enjoyment. It must be beautiful in the winter so hope to get back there then.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Couples_Resort_Rep, Public Relations Manager at Couples Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Thank you for your very kind review. It is great to hear you found the right amount of luxury with the right amount of on-lake wilderness exploring to enjoy one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Later this fall we are adding Hot Tubs to our ground floor units and I hope that the extra tree coverage will add that perfect amount of privacy while still feeling back to nature. Now wouldn't that make it perfect for the Winter. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is our second time back and will return. You get a nice 5 course dinner (very filling) and a great breakfast each day. On top of that an outdoor heated pool and hot tub. Plus free unlimited use of bikes and non-motorized boats. They even had free tubing, and it was the owner that took you out ! Awesome place, we had a great time.

For all those low reviews that expect a shiny "bling bling" perfect fancy hotel with staff kissing your feet all day ... please stay home in your granite clad kitchens and Mac-mansions... you'll never be happy anywhere anyhow.

Thank You.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building. Smaller, but close to pool and everything else.
1  Thank Rockin R
Couples_Resort_Rep, Owner at Couples Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thanks so much for the review! So glad you had an excellent time! And that you got to partake in one of my free tubing days. I love to get out on the water whenever I am able to get away from my chores, it is fun to be out with you as I consider it my off-time. I hope you can partake in all that is included in our Loyalty program for return guests. Please be considerate to all, as I have learned through time that there are many amazing people in all income strata's and yet unfortunately there are a few bad apples in all strata's of life. Lets choose to hang out with the good people, it is so much easier. Lets hang. Thanks JohnS.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitney
Algonquin Eco-Lodge
Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages
Arowhon Pines
Arowhon Pines
#3 of 16 in Algonquin Provincial Park

Been to Couples Resort? Share your experiences!