Arthurs Chalet
Arthur's Pass Alpine Motel(Arthur's Pass National Park)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/06
US$80
US$77
Bealey Hotel(Arthur's Pass National Park)
Free cancellation until 31/05
Book now, pay at stay
US$52
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lake Brunner(Moana)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$172
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 01/06
Book now, pay at stay
US$124
Wilderness Lodge Arthurs Pass(Arthur's Pass National Park)
Annabelle Motel(Hokitika)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stopped here recently (Feb 2014) for an overnight stop on our way to the West Coast. The room was just OK, it was clean and bed was comfy but did have a bit of a musty? odour. We kept the windows open to clear the air but was advised not to keep them open at night as the bugs would join us. Access was via an outside staircase. Thought it might be noisy at night but it wasn't. We ate in the restaurant and would have to say the food was great! Big servings and very tasty. The management and staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were on the road to Mt Cook and it was getting late as we arrived at Arthurs Pass. WE checked a couple of motels and the hostel and everything was booked. The manager at one of the hotels called a couple of places down the road for us and they were booked. He then called the Chalet and fortunately they had a room. They were very welcoming and the room was fine.
We were shocked to get such a gourmet meal here. We expected burgers or pizza but the menu was great and the preparation and presentation were wonderful. We loved the welcoming feel of the bar/lounge area. We played pool, enjoyed the fire and chatted with other guests and staff.
We were very pleased with the property overall.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stopped here for an evening meal and I was very dissapointed, I was asked how my meal was and I said the Lamb is a bit tough. The staff member then said, oh yes the lamb tends to be a bit tough!!?? She then said oh actually I had someone last night who really enjoyed the lamb. I was then offered another meal, so I took the pork. Well this wasn't much better, it was cold in the middle and had the feel as if it had just been thrown in the microwave. I ended up walking out frustrated as I had been driving all day and I just wanted a nice meal. Trust me your better off having noodles at the YHA.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Friendly staff, warm welcoming log fire and a really good meal in the on site restaurant. Although access to our room was via an external staircase - the room was large with electric blankets and tea and coffee facility. Comfy bed ! Highly recommended for overnight or longer stay if hiking in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We loved our stay at Arthur's Chalet. The dinners we had there were among the best we had in a three-week trip to NZ and not the usual fare found elsewhere. We both had the Moroccan fish and venison stew two nights in a row they were so good!
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave some good tips about some great things to see nearby which we enjoyed immensely like the hike to Bealy Spur and Castle Hill. Plus they had a fire in the living room and dining room and a nice cozy couch where I enjoyed the fire with Ernie the cat…while my husband played pool with the owner.
We actually stayed an extra night because it was homey and pleasant…which was so welcome and after almost three weeks of traveling

Room Tip: When we decided to add a night, we had a choice of a bigger, nicer room for two nights and then move to the more basic room or pick the more basic room for all three nights. We chose the latter option, and it was fine. It was quiet and at the end of a hall.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple