The cabin is very clean and the price is good. We first stayed in cabin #3 (the medium size one) and asked to see the bigger one that comes with a gas fireplace, cabin #5. Glad we switched as the cabin with the fireplace warmed up very quickly. Although they have 2 other portable heaters to use but we didn't need to use them. The beds were nice and firm, very comfortable (in both cabin). The shower water pressure was very weak in cabin #5 but was good in cabin #3. There's a portable electric stove with 2 burner. Cabin #3 came with 2 queen beds and cabin #5 came with 1 queen bed and 2 twin beds. Dining table with 4 chairs. Microwave, electric kettle, small refrigerator, TV and DVD player. We brought our e-readers so we didn't really watch TV after we hiked all day. We received 2 free internet coupons from Grant (the owner, a super nice guy) worth NZD$5 each from Zenbu (internet provider) for only 50 MB each. Barely enough to check your emails. You can purchase additional 50MB for NZD$5. Internet reception was not bad surprisingly, just not cheap. The train noise didn't bother us at all. I'm a light sleeper and it's not a big deal. It's not like they run every hours, just a few times a day and less at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High in the Southern Alps, nestled amongst mountains and beech forest, is Arthur's Pass Village. A comfortable two hour drive from Christchurch, Arthur's Pass offers some of the best unspoilt hiking and scenery in New Zealand. The hiking/walking tracks vary from a one-hour walk up to the Punchbowl Falls, to a multi-day hike in the mountains.Arthur's Pass Alpine Motel, conveniently situated in the village, offers fantastic self contained Motel accommodation, complete with your own bathroom and kitchen. A recent upgrade has seen the installation of double glazed windows and doors to the majority of our units to increase warmth and decrease noise. We also offer free WIFI. Our warm, cosy cabins (some with gas fires) sleep 1-5 people. With a hotel and restaurant a short walk from our motel, it is the perfect location to base yourself for some leisurely walking and tramping, or a hike up to Avalanche Peak for a grand view of the Southern Alps. You can even meet some cheeky kea or listen to the kiwi call at night. Your hosts and owners, Pete and Fi Neale, have a wealth of knowledge about the area, having holidayed in the area for the past 40+ years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Arthur's Pass Alpine Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arthur`s Pass Alpine Hotel Arthurs Pass
- Arthurs Pass Alpine Hotel