“Good value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geraldine
Rawhiti Backpackers
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very welcoming host who was very friendly as we arrived late one wintery evening. The accommodation is fairly basic but it's excellent value for money. The lounge area provides a comfortable area to relax in- a TV, books and games. The kitchen is also well equipped and there's a good supermarket a short walk away. It's a good stopping off point- about 2 hours drive from Christchurch and 3 hours from Wanaka.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Suchs an amazing place!!! clean, great homy-feeling, super friendly people..absolutely loved this place..thanks guys for you amazing accommodation. This was the right place to spend my last night in NZ before flying home...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Paulette W, Owner at Rawhiti Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you Irene, I hope you had a safe trip home. Sorry we didn't meet you, but Wendy enjoyed having you stay.

regards
Paulette

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Thank you so much for making your hostel warm and welcoming. I arrived after driving through pouring rain all day and was so happy that my room was nice and toasty warm. Each room is heated, so the whole hostel is cosy. Very spacious kitchen and lounge room. Room rates are super affordable. Bathrooms were kept clean, and while the hot water pressure was a bit low, they water was hot. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Amazing place to stay! Cosy, clean, great matress and the hosts are very helpful! Geraldine has a country village atmosphere, with majestic old forests! We intended to stay just one night but we liked so much and we ended up staying one more night!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed in Rawhiti House Backpackers last week for one night and I really enjoyed my time there. The backpackers is located about 10 minutes walk away from the main street in Geraldine. So it's a pretty quiet hostel, very clean and I found the owners really helpful and friendly.They gave me a lot of information about what to do in the area and told me where were the best places to eat. It's a well laid out hostel, with a big and cozy sitting room and a spotless communal kitchen.They also have a small outdoor area where you can sit and relax with a book or a glass of wine. Their bathrooms were also very clean too. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

Room Tip: There is a short walk up a laneway to the hostel from Hewlings Street but it's pretty easy to fi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stopped in at the quaint town of Geraldine in mid-December and my only regret is that I wasn't able to stay more than one night. The hosts Paulette & Craig - if I remember correctly - were very friendly and welcoming, and when they didn't have a single room available, they gave me my own room in a 'triple', although I offered to share if any additional guests arrived. The building is an old maternity hospital, which explains the set-up and the way that the front desk is situated, since it used to be the nurses' station. It's spacious and very clean, a short drive or ride into town and it felt like a home away from home. For anyone who is looking for a great hostel in a pretty little town, I would HIGHLY recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed here for one night in a double room after cycling in from Methven and had a great stay. The room and facilities were clean and comfortable and the lounge area is a nice place to relax. The hosts also really make this place and are great to talk to. The best hostels are always the ones where you feel like you're being welcomed into someone's home.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple