“Good for one night”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Geraldine
jl_ck
“Good for one night”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed here on enroute from Chrristchurch to Twizel. We rang up and made the booking about half an hour from Gerladine. I found the staff very helpful and she went on put on the heating for us. The rooms are well appointed, we were in a two room apartment and my mum was in a standard room. Both were good and spacious. The motel is close to all amenities. we did not run into the grumpy man mentioned but a lovely lady helped us both inthe evening and morning. She even helped my husband practice putting on the snow chains on what was a rather cold morning. I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Sorry cant take off rating for pool and fittness centre but did not see either!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jl_ck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Invercargill, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

highest standard of cleanliness and the rooms are very well appointed. This is the newest motel facility in the beautiful little town of Geraldine. very nice staying here but have to agree with other comnents that the welcome mat could do with a shake out!!! Not sure why someone who quite obviously dislikes dealing with people would choose to run a motel and be so unwelcoming....and is quite possibly the owner? Best to be aware of that before choosing to stay. There are other older but equally clean renovated motels in town.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 14 July 2013

When the unwelcoming man at reception was informed that the heater was noisy&disturbing he stated 'I know, I know everything about the units'...perhaps could have fixed the problem? I presume he also 'knew' about the offensive urine smell in the bathroom too? Poor form.

• Stayed July 2013
Christchurch
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This was ideally placed for us. My husband was doing business and needed our car, so I chose this motel as a base. I left our bags there before we checked in properly so that I could explore the township. No problem with doing this.It was an easy walk to the lovey little shops and food stores. just as well because I was ladened down with all of the little bits and pieces I had bought, including some delicious cheese and chutney. The supermarket was very close so that I could also get the crackers and lovely wine to make our evening treat complete.
The units are comfortable, and had all we needed, but no extras. It is a motel, and there are facilities to cook simply if you are planning to do so. We enjoyed a meal in town at the Country cafe, and breakfast at Verde, both close by.
One draw back is that the fan goes on in the bathroom as soon as you turn the light on, and this was enough to wake me in the early hours.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Unit was very clean and in excellent condition. Rather elderly person in style with the fitout being very average in quality. Quiet for a main road position. Nice and warm.
The man at the desk was not very friendly, was on the phone when I entered the office and he was more interested in his phone contact than me as he did not hang up but left the caller listening to our conversation. He quickly gave me the key pointed at where the unit was and returned to his phone call. This very rude behaviour is not acceptable.
A point that may save other Geraldine visitors some frustration is not to go to the local fish and chip shop unless you have plenty of time to kill as it took over an hour from placing my tiny order till it was ready. Wasn't that busy that it should have taken this long.
Not some where I would return to other than when passing through.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Whakatane, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here en route to Christchurch and arrived late in the day. We were shown to a nice modern unit which was reasonably priced.
Although the motel is situated on the main road, we did not notice any traffic noise. We enjoyed a short walk into the shopping area to the supermarket and a restaurant for dinner. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Bowral, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This accommodation was well appointed and as stated in many reviews very clean and well maintained. We spent our last night in New Zealand in Geraldine and this completed our stay on a very positive and enjoyable note.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geraldine
Andorra Motel
#1 of 4 in Fairlie
Phoenix Motel
Phoenix Motel
#1 of 1 in Temuka

Been to ASURE Scenic Route Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!