“Fantastic dining experience. ”
Review of Ski Time

Ski Time
“Fantastic dining experience. ”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Methven is lucky enough to have a great choice of dining experiences for a small rural town thanks to the winter business generated from the ski field. The town has done well to generate a strong summer trade over the years and from our last visit in September to Ski Time these guys are at the top of their game in town.
The wait staff work fantastically together always friendly. The food is the best I have ever had in Methven well done to everyone working together to pull off a great experience. Canterbury lamb salad and pork main are top notch.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Richard M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Melbourne
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Villas are brandnew and gorgeous. Never in our life had we come across a heated mirror that clears it of steam so you can shave right after your shower! Everything is totally thought through and superb quality. Great kitchen. Very friendly owners, very quiet.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Florence L
Ballina, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My sister and I stayed here for two nights in December 2012 in a (I think) newly completed studio apartment separated from the main lodge.
For the price the room and inclusions were second to none - modern room, double and single bed, free wifi, continental breakfast in room (cereal, bread, various spreads, yoghurt, etc.)
We arrived late at night and were greeted by the most lovely lady who showed us to our room and offered to organise us some food if we hadn't already eaten.

The lodge's lounge and bar area were top notch and the restaurant food was delicious - they even accommodated my vegan sister without any troubles.
When I visit Methven again this will always be my first choice of places to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Michael J
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Was in Methven overnight and this place was recommended to me. Great choice. Had a fillet steak, which was nice and thick. Asked for it rare, but it came out medium rare - but it was so thick and juicy it didn't matter. The potatoes, mushrooms and said set the steak off to perfection.

Dessert was less impressive - it was a "meringue mess " with berries, which sounds like it's be something like an Eton Mess, but it was actually a pavlova. It's MY dessert, I love pavs, making them and eating them. It was on the small side for a real Kiwi pav though, and the meringue was overcooked - you could tell as soon as it came out that if had been in the oven on too high a temperature. It could have gone in at a lower temperature for less time, because instead of a crunchy outside and a chewy centre it was solid and brittle. Still, it came with wonderful berries in syrup which had a beautiful balance between sweet and acidic.

When you combine it with the great service and awesome view, this is totally a place I'd head back to and recommend to anyone.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Chris C
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My partner and I stayed at Ski Time for one night whilst we were visiting Mt Hutt Ski Field. The room was beautifully presented, clean and modern.

The hosts were friendly and we appreciated the gentleman's witty sense of humour.

We ate at the restaurant in the evening and both had lovely meals, although I found them a little over priced.
The room price however, was very affordable and worth every cent we stayed in an executive lodge room. My only critique about the room would be to include mini fridge's.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JPlove
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this lodge/hotel. Bought the room on Wotif and have not been disappointed. Really nice room with deck and stunning views, comfortable queen sized bed, nice bathroom with good shower and all the mod-cons of a modern hotel. The hotel has a nice restaurant - we had a really good meal there, friendly staff and nice bars. Would thoroughly recommend it, if you're staying in Methven.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms down the side with a deck.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Loyal-QPR-Fan
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I guess one of the skills in operating a great lodge is selecting great staff. Pete and Susi should be very happy with the friendly and efficient staff they have employed at Ski Time. Having great staff certainly makes a very positive difference. I recently stayed for 6 nights with my young son in a standard room. While the room was not large it was always well presented, warm and clean. My son enjoyed his access to Disney Channel and I was happy to relax in the lounge area and watch something else on quite nights. The courtesy bus makes it easy to get into "town" in the evening and there are a couple of supermarkets there were you can get supplies. The bus runs every 20 minutes from 5pm until 9pm. Speaking of buses, the bus to Mt Hutt stops right across the street at 8am and 10am. Overall, our stay was very nice and I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family