“Excellent hosts, great value.”

Pinedale Lodge & Apartment
Ranked #8 of 9 Methven B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 December 2010

We stayed in the apartment for 2 nights. The apartment was cozy and spacious, with a well equipped kitchen. As the apartment is situated separately from the lodge, it offers plenty of privacy as well. It comes with 2 bedrooms and a small garden. Perfect for small families in my opinion. Tim and Penny (the hosts) were warm, friendly and very helpful. If you are heading up to Mt Hutt, you could get them to help you book tickets for the bus. The location is also rather centralized with a Foursquare supermarket just round the corner and also lots of ski rental places. Methven is a small town, but a great gateway to many world class ski resorts with really warm people all round. We enjoyed our stay there very much.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claudia_jng

Reviewed 27 October 2010

The Pinedale apartment has a really homely feel to it and provides all the little extras that make holidaying so much easier. The kitchen is decked out with all you need to cook for yourself and apartment is quite spacious. We had an awesome week there - and couldn't fault anything.

Penny and Tim are great hosts and nothing is too much trouble. To top a great week, when we left, they discovered I had left my passport behind. They managed to get it to the Christchurch airport before I even knew I had left it behind. Now that's amazing service!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank brentlammas
Reviewed 22 October 2010

My daughter and I loved our stay in the Apartment and the hospitality shown to us by Penny and her husband Tim. The Apartment was spacious, clean and modern. Right in the centre of Methven. If you were going skiing up Mt Hutt, a bus would pick you up out the front.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We stayed at the Lodge on a recent trip to methven as a base for a day at Mt Hutt. The staff were fantatsic and the accomodation was very good. The facilities were also great. We wouldnt hesitate staying here again on our next trip to the snow!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reganol
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My friends and I stayed at Pinedale for four nights in the Ski Season this year and had a great time. Everyone was really friendly and not having a car didn't matter because they managed to take us everywhere we wanted to go in the Pinedale Van at a cheaper price than renting a car.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Beautifully renovated hostel in an old style cottage. Warm open fire, Plenty of kitchen space, and social space. Very friendly, genuine and helpful owners. Great base for back country tramping or the snow fields of Mt Hutt.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I recently stayed at the Pinedale Lodge in Methven.
I stayed for just under 3 weeks. From the moment that I arrived I experienced the most friendly service from the owners Penny and Tim.
Pinedale is a clean and comfortable boutique lodge style hostel with a very homely atmosphere, not your typical backpackers lodge in that respect.
Penny and Tim did everything they could to ensure my stay was as enjoyable as possible. They even personally ensured that I have transport to the mountain every day.
I will be definitely returning to stay with them again and would highly recommend Pinedale to all of my friends travelling to Methven.
One of the best backpacking experiences that I have had due to the outstanding service supplied.