See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

Such a fabulous place to stay, we cannot recommend enough!!

We initially planned on staying 2 nights but ended up being 5! Emma and Tony were so friendly and welcoming. Thanks to them both for providing a warm safe haven (and espresso) during some pretty bad weather!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

Stayed for 3 days, 2 nights, when I'm in Methven for skiing up in Mt Hutt. Got to arrive there and depart there via bookings made with methven travel shuttle. Warm and cosy living environment. Friendly and welcoming hosts, Tony and Emma! Stay also includes free wifi too! Thank you!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2015

This is a wonderful welcoming place to stay.
Great hosts
Beautiful rooms
Convenient.
Great bed.
Free wifi everywhere

The kitchen/living room is great - I didn't bother going out because it was nicer to stay in and cook. There is also a fabulous sunroom/conservatory looking towards the hills with a spa.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2015

This was our last stop on a 5-week NZ trip. We wanted somewhere quiet and comfy to get organized, reflect, relax. Alpenhorn and Methven were perfect on all counts. We were there at the end of summer so no ski crowds. The en suite double was roomy and comfortable, prices extremely fair, hosts Emma and Tony were relaxed and gracious. The very roomy kitchen had literally everything you could want (including an espresso machine) and the sun room was fabulous. Baileys, the resident old cat, was the perfect greeter who never imposed but was available for a pet and a purr if you were interested.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2014

Alpenhorn shalet in Methven is an excellent accomadation for people like me; I want to have a quiet rest after a day a skiing, I want to sit in front of the log burner and read a book or chat with other visitors and have a glass of wine.
It is clean and home like. I bring the food with me or buy at local shop and cook what I like. It is well arranged and warm in winter.
I first came there 6 yers ago and since that time I stay only with Tony and Emma, who are hospitable and attentive to your needs.

Room Tip: all the rooms are quiet. There is a domitary as well. I sleep in the room with double bed, nice, cosy, warm.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo