We stayed at The Hermitage Mt Cook in October. The room was ok but the meal we had was absolutely disgusting.
We had the buffet meal at $62.00 per person and you would think that for that price that the meal would be hot but no the meats were all cold (even the roast meat they were carving) and the veges including the roast veges were all cold as well. When we complained we were told that the tourists keep opening the chafing dishes and that was why they were all cold. This was not true as the chafing dishes were cold and if they had been hot when the veges were put in them they would have stayed hot. You had to open the dishes to see what was inside them. They offered us a complimentary drink to make up for the terrible meal but I turned this down as I was hungry - not thirsty. They offered to heat the meal in the microwave but I didn't want that either as meals heated in the microwave are never as good as a hot meal properly cooked and kept warm. We had been travelling around the south Island for 2 weeks prior to this meal and it was the worst meal we had had on our travels. We certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, The Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD and Argo Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- The Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village