Had 2 nights stay there. It is a decent hotel with decent rooms considering how remote it is.
Stranded inside of the hotel for a whole day because of the horrible storm. So I spent most of the time in their explorer centre with documentary films, which I liked very much. Thank god the next day is sunny and the view from the room is amazing!
The staff are really good, they even help us to get rid of the snow and ice from our car windows. The food at the fine dining restaurant is really great even though it is very pricey. The buffet is just so so. I would save money to try the fine dining for one night instead of having buffet dinner for two nights. You can also get some cheaper choice at its cafe upstairs for lunch and sports bar near by for cheaper dinner.
By the way, it is little bit difficult to find the hotel entrance if you arrive at a raining night and driving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, The Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD and Argo Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Booking.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- The Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village