I think the best thing about this stay was the stars and the amazing scenery. We found everything a little overpriced for our liking, but i guess you can do that when your the only hotel/shop. The first night we stayed and ate at the buffet which was very very expensive, it was an ok buffet but not outstanding, i would call it very store bought. The second night we ate at the backpackers and it was half the price for a great meal, i would recommend people eating there. The argo tour we took was a highlight and they took us up to the glacier and we got to look at it it was very impressive. We ended up staying in the hotel and it was very noisy with japanese tourists going up and down the hallways at night with little regard to others trying to sleep. But we really loved it here the scenery and stars were just breathtaking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, the Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village