We stayed at the Hermitage as part of a special trip away. We arrived with some disagreement over our booking even though we had emailed confirmation and payment details. This was soon sorted.
Before dinner we decided to have a drink in the bar and the music being played was awful and the same tune was repeated over and over again, one would have thought that there could have been some variety.
Meal was great and waiting staff good.
The Hermitage is a tired building, our room was just okay but outside the door the carpet was stained really badly, the tiles on the stairs and floors were in some places quite badly broken up and looked really shabby. Outside the paths going around the Sir Edmund Hillary centre were concrete that looked as though it had been made without any cement.
Overall the building is sad and hardly the sort of place that could charge top dollar like they do.
THE MAIN GRIPS ARE THE FACT THAT THEY CHARGE AN ADDITIONAL 2% FOR CREDIT CARDS AND $5.00 FOR LIMITED INTERNET ACCESS. I have travelled around the world extensively in the past 15 months and to be charged for both these was unbelievable.
To me the Hermitage is money grabbing, trading on a good name that it does not deserve at present and badly needs a good tidy up in both attitude and appearance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, the Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- The Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village