Stayed at the Hermitage for 2 nights last weekend. The hotel itself was quite nice, clean and a good size room (we had a premium room which they offered to us at an upgrade cost of $30/night). Unfortunately when we arrived we found out that the planetarium was not working (awaiting a part to be fixed/replaced) and with the days filled with cloud cover, there was little else to do. We had pre-booked the stargazing tour which did not proceed, so a refund of the tour was confirmed.
Overall i would stay at this hotel again for the location, however it can be hit & miss if there are weather issues, and you go solely for the purpose of visting the dark sky reserve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, the Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- The Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village