Yet again, I came across this excellent motel thank to TripAdvisor. On our way back from Queenstown to Christchurch, we decided to squeeze in a visit to Mt Cook. The Hermitage gets mentioned quite a bit, but having now seen The Hermitage, i'm so grateful for having stayed here as the chalets are nothing to write home about and the rooms in the main building are over-priced compared to this gem.
- Super-clean and spotless. They pride themselves in maintaining clean facilities
- Super-quiet. Despite noticing a family next door with the TV playing as we walked back into our room, we never heard a sound
- Excellent shower
- Convenient kitchenette, but thankfully, they do not permit guests to cook foods -- including fish -- with strong odors as a respect to future guests
- Struggling here, but perhaps a blind over the frosted window in the kitchenette by the door would be good, but pretty minor to say the least
Tip: We never cooked in the restaurant next door to the backpackers hostel was great value for a filling meal. Note there are no stores or supermarkets. So don't forget to bring food if you plan to be there a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New Motel Complex situated within the stunning Aoraki Mt Cook National Park with every unit having absolutely stunning view of Mt Sefton and the surrounding mountains. 24/7 Reception, daily housekeeping and private bathrooms in all units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aoraki Court Aoraki/Mt Cook Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aoraki Court Aoraki/Mt Cook Village New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village