The hostel was clean and well organised with a good kitchen. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a private twin room so can't comment on the dorms, but there seemed to be plenty of washroom/toilet facilities as we never had to queue for them.
Of course, being budget accommodation there are always a few things not quite right, like the lampshade in the bedroom that you hit your head on every time you walk past it. More significantly, the door to our room did not lock reliably (the frame was damaged) but I have every confidence that this will be repaired promptly, judging by how the rest of the building is maintained. Overall, exactly what I expected when I booked it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to YHA Mt Cook! Our beautiful alpine lodge in the Heart of Aoraki / Mt Cook National Park is the perfect base to explore and experience New Zealand's Southern Alps. Enjoy the natural beauty of the area by taking walks suitable for all ages and abilities. Kayaking, Skiing, Boating, Flying and Stargazing are all activities that can be enjoyed here in Aoraki / Mt Cook, as well as comfortable dining in the village's cafes and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your YHA Aoraki Mt Cook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yha Mt. Cook Hotel Mt. Cook Village
- YHA Aoraki Mt Cook New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village